"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 01:39 PM   #17841
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
It's 15°C (59°F) and raining. We are expecting winds up to 90 km/hr (56 mph), 20-30 mm of rain (.79 to 1.18 inches), thunder storms, and mild flooding in the Greater Montreal area.

I imagine Dragn is getting the same weather.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #17842
Chef Extraordinaire

75 and partly sunny, but very windy. 50% chance of thunderstorms tonight.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #17843
Master Chef

yup, pretty much the same as you taxy. Needless to say my geese are happy as pigs in the proverbial sh...

LOL, yes, taxy I did/do know what aereal means, but thank you. There is also a difference in spelling aereal vs aerial. It is not a common expression and I chuckled when I read it.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #17844
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm feeling a bit like Dorothy Gale right now. Laying low on the first floor of the house on the leeward side. Winds are a steady 30 MPH, gusting to 50. Good thing the builder used hurricane straps when building the house, although our first home was 2-story and made it through nearly 100 MPH winds. 54 degrees and rain, too. A good day to stay in.
"The essence of America - that which really unites us - is not ethnicity, or nationality or religion - it is an an idea - and what an idea it is: That you can come from humble circumstances and do great things. That it doesn't matter where you came from but where you are going."~ Condoleezza Rice
Old 04-14-2020, 06:03 AM   #17845
Head Chef

Thanks for explaining it, TL. I was getting ready to, but read all the posts first.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:13 AM   #17846
Head Chef

Easter Storms knocked out my power for 18 hours. Didn't open the freezer at all and fridge once briefly. All I lost was some milk about to turn anyhow. Sampled fridge temps were ~50°F. Was going to toss a 14.5 lb. raw thawed turkey but it's internal temp was 45° so put it into a roaster oven immediately. Also had a hambone that went straight into a stockpot.

So was up most of the night reducing stock; carving, storing, and eating turkey.

"Recipes don’t have to be followed EXACTLY and creative diversions can taste great! But too much diversion and you have ice cream in your broccoli." Mike Israetel
Old 04-14-2020, 07:43 PM   #17847
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have a "weather bone" now, when it's cold my sternum hurts. If I am toasty, my foot hurts. Can't win.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:24 AM   #17848
Master Chef

Princess, that's a "funny but not".

I sneeze when the temperature drops around my body.
eg. getting out of a nice warm bed, I can sneeze 10 to 20+ times (and yes, I've counted).
after working up a sweat, as I cool down, I'll start to sneeze, although the morning ones seem to last a lot longer.
It can even happen at the grocer's in the freezer aisle.

anybody else have a 'body weather vane"?
Old 04-15-2020, 06:34 AM   #17849
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Winter Storm Warning issued April 15 at 3:​02​AM MDT until April 16 at 6:​00​PM MDT by NWS Cheyenne
...A developing winter weather storm will bring accumulating snow to southeast Wyoming Wednesday afternoon through Thursday Afternoon...
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM MDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches. Northeast winds up to 30mph will create areas of blowing and drifting snow.
* WHERE...Southern Nebraska Panhandle to include Scottsbluff, Kimball, Sidney. Southeast Wyoming plains to include Cheyenne, Torrington and Wheatland. Lower elevations west of the Laramie Range to include Muddy Gap, Rawlins, and Elk Mountain.
* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 6 PM MDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible this evening through Friday morning. Plan on travel delays and snow covered roads. Strong winds creating blowing snow and poor visibility at times.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #17850
Master Chef

Princess, do you ever get nice weather?
Old 04-15-2020, 04:58 PM   #17851
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Princess, do you ever get nice weather?
I think this is the nice weather, except for the wind. I'll let you know what I think when it gets hot. Meanwhile, I'm bundling up!
Old 04-15-2020, 05:09 PM   #17852
Master Chef

We've had rain, snow, and sun..just waiting on the locusts
Old 04-15-2020, 05:12 PM   #17853
Chef Extraordinaire

It must be cold if you're bundling up, PF. Stay warm and safe.

We've had a beautiful day. Sunny, blue skies with a few wisps of clouds. And cold! I opened the back door to shake something off and boy was I surprised.
"The essence of America - that which really unites us - is not ethnicity, or nationality or religion - it is an an idea - and what an idea it is: That you can come from humble circumstances and do great things. That it doesn't matter where you came from but where you are going."~ Condoleezza Rice
Old 04-15-2020, 05:20 PM   #17854
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Temp topped out at 52F and we are losing ground fast as the NW wind is blowing hard. It's been small spats of rain, sleet and hail for the past hour. It's going to be a sleigh ride on ice to work in the morning.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:32 PM   #17855
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I looked out the patio door during supper and noticed it was snowing, not hard. Now, it's sunny with a few wispy clouds.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:54 PM   #17856
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Winter wonderland today, and we're probably getting more snow tonight and tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:07 PM   #17857
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

No more snow, yet. It's supposed to start around 2 in the morning.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:39 AM   #17858
Head Chef

We are under a Frost Advisory until 8am - about 22 more minutes.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:07 PM   #17859
Sous Chef

We are having an amazing Spring. Very warm and little rain.

In fact, we are under a fire watch warning already. Already had our first wildfire up the road from us.

Crazy for mid April. Normally we are all stuck inside while it pours outside.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #17860
Master Chef

Raining here today but that just means the seeds that I planted yesterday will get a really good watering-in.
Closed Thread