What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
msm, my Mom always wondered why I drove the winding back roads instead of the interstate or state routes. I, too, preferred making quick friends with a curb lawn ("Devil Strip" in Akron, OH and, apparently, no where else...) or a stationary tree. I figured they were better options than an idiot driver sliding towards me at 50+ MPH. Glad you and your DDs made it home safe.

...but people are driving like buttheads. If you want to drive 10 mph with your flashers on while you're on the phone, drinking coffee, and putting on makeup, get in the right lane. Or put on your makeup at home like I do.
Those kind of drivers are terrible no matter what the weather, but especially during snow or rain. Also, maybe you DO put your make-up on at home, but I understand you've been caught curling your hair while driving with your knees. :ermm:

I live in Sweden, every where else there has been snow, we even had blizzard warning and we got rain and hard winds. I am just so happy there is at last snow.

The only place here snow is truly welcomed is at the ski resorts. Otherwise, only on Friday overnight. The kids have all weekend to play in it and no one has to try to make it to work in the morning. Then it needs to start melting at night so those that choose to attend, can make it to church services on Sunday morning and by Monday, the snow should be all gone. Only in a perfect world.

Area schools were closed for three days this week because of snow and ice on the neighborhood roads, but today it's all gone and the temperature reached 72 degrees! It was a beautiful sunny day ☀

Not too bad right now. State of Nebraska went a little crazy with the sodium chloride. Got an inch of snow over night. No big deal. Were expecting a nice little ice storm over the weekend into Monday. That should be fun. received_10153972257696017.jpg

msm, my Mom always wondered why I drove the winding back roads instead of the interstate or state routes. I, too, preferred making quick friends with a curb lawn ("Devil Strip" in Akron, OH and, apparently, no where else...) or a stationary tree. I figured they were better options than an idiot driver sliding towards me at 50+ MPH. Glad you and your DDs made it home safe.

Those kind of drivers are terrible no matter what the weather, but especially during snow or rain. Also, maybe you DO put your make-up on at home, but I understand you've been caught curling your hair while driving with your knees. :ermm:

My hair is naturally curly, thank you very much.

It was in the single digits a few days ago, and now it's 64° in midtown Manhattan. The kind of weather my mom always says makes you sick.

When people say global warming isn't true, I want to smack them. The weather is a giant fluidic balance; tip the scale and see what happens.

It's warm. 57 right now. But, just like our savings account, it's going down. 38 tomorrow, about 26 on Saturday. Eventually I'll have to stick my nose (and more) out the door and head to the grocery store.

My hair is naturally curly, thank you very much...
Maybe we could start calling you "Frieda"?

664c021b6511c78461669520ae981891.jpg

My Mom always said baldness is a sign of virility. When she would walk past Himself when he was sitting, she would pat him on the head and say "you're getting more virile every time I see you". :LOL: They had a real mutual admiration society. ~ If Mom were around to try that now, her hand would get stuck on all that baldness...

We have that same kind of weather. When I was running errands today it went from a very light sprinkle to rain mixed with ice pellets. I'm hiding in the house tomorrow.

All the rain we've been getting here in the "Citrus Capital of the World" has been a God send for the orchards in these parts. We were in dire straits before the rains came and irrigation was seriously depleting the aquifer, not to mention the water quality is less than perfect for the fruit. We're loving all the rain here in the Heritage Valley of Ventura County! Much more rain is expected for the next week! Yeahhhhhh!!!

Rain, snow, ice, rain,... more rain, then ice. And rain.

I was hoping to go skiing this weekend, but I think we'll wait.

All the rain we've been getting here in the "Citrus Capital of the World" has been a God send for the orchards in these parts. We were in dire straits before the rains came and irrigation was seriously depleting the aquifer, not to mention the water quality is less than perfect for the fruit. We're loving all the rain here in the Heritage Valley of Ventura County! Much more rain is expected for the next week! Yeahhhhhh!!!

Oh, yes! Isn't it wonderful?! :clap: Rain, rain and more rain, not to mention the incredible snowfall in the Sierras. I can see much of it from my house and it's glorious! More is headed this way and it's something to be SO thankful for. :heart:

I SOOO agree Cheryl, it's something to really celebrate with all the many months, and years of praying for blessed RAIN!! There may be hope for our beloved state yet!!!

Bring it on, and thank you!!!

I am really happy for all the folks in California. Outside of Nevada and Arizona, no place needed it more these past couple of years than California.

Well mbasiszta, you can't make me jealous. Our temps will reach that soon enough this summer. I'm just enjoying our mild winter while I can. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom