What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a refreshing 64°F under cloudy skies here along the river. I don't think we'll be opening the subdivision pool this weekend, might be a bit too, um, refreshing.

When I was in Houston for Mother's day, I didn't check the temperature of their pool. It is usually okay for swimming by the beginning of May. My dad keeps it crystal clear -- and nobody uses it. But, they are two 80-something people and a poodle in a 4,000 square foot house with a pool. My sister and I once suggested that they downsize a bit. We won't do that again. You would have thought we wanted them to move into a nursing home.

CD

I am waiting for the rain to start. Right now it is overcast and we are under a severe weather alert. We are expecting winds of 55-60 mph. I doubt I will be taking any rides on my scooter. The temp is presently at 55ºF.

Just went into the wet season here in the Republic of Panama. Nice, rains during most days for an hour or two. Temp is around 80 - 85 most days.

Either the rain is pouring down on our sun roof and windows, or Celtics fans are crying their eyes out at the end of their season. I'm going with "rain". I'd feel bad for the Celtics fans, but trophy-for-trophy, this Cleveland fan is on the short end of that list. :-p

Beautiful, sunny, gnat-filled day here along the river. Got up into the 70°F range, now it's 61°.

We use a locally made gnat spray, it works for about 30 minutes, and smells like vanilla, lemon, and peppermint or something. I smell like a baked good, but as long as it works, I don't care what I smell like.

Last edited:
Sunny and 98 on my patio right now. Summer is here. It isn't supposed to last. We generally don't hit the hundreds until mid to late June.

CD

I am still getting used to living in the high desert. We have 60% chance of heavy rain today and tonight. Expected rainfall to be between 1/10th of an inch to 1/4 of an inch:huh:.

I am still getting used to living in the high desert. We have 60% chance of heavy rain today and tonight. Expected rainfall to be between 1/10th of an inch to 1/4 of an inch:huh:.

You need sandbags so you can direct the water to go where you want it to go.

It's 74 degrees F and clear skies, will be too hot for me outside in a couple hours. Back to the yard. I think I may go buy a camera, still can't find the one Shrek put away for me...:ohmy:

You need sandbags so you can direct the water to go where you want it to go.

It's 74 degrees F and clear skies, will be too hot for me outside in a couple hours. Back to the yard. I think I may go buy a camera, still can't find the one Shrek put away for me...:ohmy:

Good advice PF, I am not prepared to handle the upcoming deluge.;)

The predicted moisture was what we would get with a heavy morning dew in Ohio!

And with the humidity at 35% right now, we may not even get a sprinkle:(

We saw the sun! It was later in the day, and it didn't last long, but at least I now know that it didn't burn up. Might need to wear sunglasses when I go out tomorrow. At least the temperature is nice - upper 60s today, maybe 70 tomorrow.

...I think I may go buy a camera, still can't find the one Shrek put away for me...:ohmy:
If you do, be sure to save (and put away safely) all the packaging and the receipt. You know there is a good chance the old camera will show up...right after the return period is over. :ermm:

Guess what? It's raining! :rolleyes: We did have a couple nice, sunny days with temperatures around the normal 72. Not for a while, it seems. Rain predicted for most of the next three days. Temps in the 50s or 40s! I have a stack of financial paperwork I've been eyeing - we just might open the fireplace flue, toss in a couple of logs, and burn off lots of "evidence".:LOL:

Guess what? It's raining! :rolleyes: We did have a couple nice, sunny days with temperatures around the normal 72. Not for a while, it seems. Rain predicted for most of the next three days. Temps in the 50s or 40s! I have a stack of financial paperwork I've been eyeing - we just might open the fireplace flue, toss in a couple of logs, and burn off lots of "evidence".:LOL:

CG, I never get depressed. No matter what the situation is. But this rain is getting to me. When the heck are we going to have some decent sunshine with good temperatures?

I can't take my scooter out in the rain. It runs of the electricity provided by two gel batteries. So if the console get wet, It will be weeks before it dries out inside. On the few occasions I have taken it out to make a fast run to the store, I have to put a large plastic bag over it. A couple of times I have been caught in an instant downpour. Fortunately I have been close to my door and did get hit too hard. But I still want to see sun for at least three or more days in a row. Our resident maintenance man swept the patio and cleaned it up some. But he didn't put up the umbrellas or pads for the chairs. I asked him why. "Because we are going to get rain forever." It sure feels that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom