What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 71° right now. And it looks like up north; gray, low, heavy clouds. I guess we are going to get that cool front later today.

I am amazed that this thread was started in 2005.

We are at 30 right now with an expected high of 31. We had an inch or so of snow overnight after it poured down rain all day yesterday, so I imagine it's pretty icy out there right now.

31F, to get to 51F today. It's been quite windy...tumbleweed season.

I am amazed that this thread was started in 2005.

So it's true that a snowman in Wyoming is just a tumbleweed packed with snow!

I hear there is going to be a HUGE 15th birthday party in 2 years. Entertainment will be going from blizzards to scorching heat waves.

31F, to get to 51F today. It's been quite windy...tumbleweed season.

Yeah, I ran over some tumbleweeds in Wyoming today. Saw some snow on the ground, and even walked through some while I worked. Froze my fingers. It was only in the 40s, but the wind was ridiculous. Between the cold fingers, and the cold wind making my eyes water while trying to take pictures, it was not a lot of fun. Photographers don't blink a lot while working, and the wind, especially when it is cold, is brutal.

Oh, yeah, I have yet to find gloves that work for photographers. I can't work the controls with gloves on.

I did take your advice on the AWD rental car. A nice little Mercedes SUV. I didn't end up needing it, but I'm not paying for it, so why not. I get special rates from Hertz, so it wasn't that big a deal, anyway -- an extra 30-bucks.

CD

Last edited:
It went from 84* two days ago, to 71* yesterday, to now a freeeeeezzzzzzzing 49* right now. I hate it! Brrrrrrrr! What next? Snow?.:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::

Yeah, I ran over some tumbleweeds in Wyoming today. Saw some snow on the ground, and even walked through some while I worked. Froze my fingers. It was only in the 40s, but the wind was ridiculous. Between the cold fingers, and the cold wind making my eyes water while trying to take pictures, it was not a lot of fun. Photographers don't blink a lot while working, and the wind, especially when it is cold, is brutal.

Oh, yeah, I have yet to find gloves that work for photographers. I can't work the controls with gloves on.

I did take your advice on the AWD rental car. A nice little Mercedes SUV. I didn't end up needing it, but I'm not paying for it, so why not. I get special rates from Hertz, so it wasn't that big a deal, anyway -- an extra 30-bucks.

CD

You should get a pair of fingerless gloves and wear mittens over them, take the mittens off for fine work. Maybe a pair of googles you can move up for the shot.

I once hit a tumbleweed that was half the size of the Subaru. Imagine that rolling into your lane!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

It was very windy all night, currently at 16 MPH. It is 46F, supposed to get up to 53F and we are expecting rain. Snow tomorrow. I just hope the rain dries up before the snow starts.

So it's true that a snowman in Wyoming is just a tumbleweed packed with snow!

That could be:)

A couple winters ago, I had a 3 foot tumbleweed in the yard, I stuck a set of battery operated Christmas LED lights on it and let it go . Watched it roll down the street and into a field until it rolled out of sight. I hope someone else got to see it.mkkkkkkknj <kitten typing....

It's snowing again up here on my mountain.

I know it was supposed to be cold, but more snow in November?

I almost feel Canadian.

I actually held the door for someone who was 50 meters away this morning. Then I smiled and waved to some guy who cut me off trying to get to the exit ramp. He must have had an emergency, eh?

You should get a pair of fingerless gloves and wear mittens over them, take the mittens off for fine work. Maybe a pair of googles you can move up for the shot.
Even better than fingerless gloves, fingerless convertible gloves:
s-l1000.jpg

Talking about tumbleweeds always reminds me of this: When I was a kid, living in SoCal, I once came home from school during a wind storm and couldn't see my house. It was completely covered in tumbleweeds. :ohmy:

Heat wave, it's supposed to get up to 42*F today!! It won't last long. By Friday night into Sunday their predicting 5-7" of snow in SE South Dakota.

...where I am, in Connecticut, it is 35F.
Ack, we could have met up! We're about 1 1/4 hour drive from Bradley. There is a really, really good Jewish deli in Vernon, about half an hour away from the airport and about 45 minutes from us up on MA. Himself isn't a socializer, especially with people he's never met, but he's coming around. :LOL: I know he would talk with you, since you both love photography. He did side jobs for $$ when he was in college and shortly after.

Ack, we could have met up! We're about 1 1/4 hour drive from Bradley. There is a really, really good Jewish deli in Vernon, about half an hour away from the airport and about 45 minutes from us up on MA. Himself isn't a socializer, especially with people he's never met, but he's coming around. :LOL: I know he would talk with you, since you both love photography. He did side jobs for $$ when he was in college and shortly after.

I may be in Providence tomorrow. I don't know yet. I would love to me you, even though you are from Cleveland. Actually, people in Cleveland are not much different from people in Pittsburgh. Very similar city history.

The Steelers vs Browns rivalry is very old, and built on a mutual respect. I like that. I have found that a lot of Steelers fans would back the Browns if they were in the playoffs and the steelers were not -- not likely, but it could happen. ;)

But, nobody in the AFC North would ever back the Ratbirds (Ravens) at any time, anyplace. :glare:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom