What movie are you excited about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
Are there any movies you are waiting for to come out? How about a movie that you could watch a hundred times and not get tired of?

For me, there are two movies I can't wait for. The second movie for Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian is coming out in a week. I read the books avidly as a child and again as an adult. I absolutely LOVE these movies and books, they are classics. CS Lewis was a genius!

c10832.jpg

Another movie I can't wait for is the next Harry Potter film. I can watch those movies over, over, and over and love them every time. I am even rereading the books!

harry%20potter%20book%20cover.jpg

I also love the Lord of the Rings movies, extended. Sometimes I watch all 3 in one day, takes me over 9 hours! I go about my business and keep my eye on the TV lol. Did you know that J.R.R. Tolkien was also a Linguist, and that he actually created the Elfish language in the movie?

imageload

So tell me, what are YOUR favorite movies!!!

IM A GEEK!! Sue me :p

Last edited:
None on both accounts. Can't remember the last time I was in a theater. Wife and I think it was a Star Trek flick.

I have to admit Speed Racer has me curious. I watched the cartoon when I was a kid. Never could figure out how they got all the doo dads in that car.

What are the movie house prices these days?

I am with you on both of those Saphellae. I came in this thread to post Price Caspian. I loved those books as a kid. I thought the first movie was OK, but this one looks amazing!

Me too on the Prince Caspian thing. I just rewatched Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe this week to get ready. I'm also excited about the new Indiana Jones. I love those movies and I think Shia La(whatever, can't spell it so i won't!) is an inspired choice for his son. My kids are both excited too. Can't wait can't wait!

I just re-watched The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe too :)

I am nervous that Indiana Jones will be too much like current movies these days that rely to heavily on special effects and cookie cutter story lines and explosions. I loved the earlier Indy movies. I just hope this one lives up to those.

Have faith GB. Spielberg didn't get to be a mogul by disregarding the importance of characterization and plot. Indy is an icon and it will be good.

The reason I am nervous Alix is that I saw a preview in the theater last time we went to the movies. It was a pretty long preview and it looked too polished and too much like every other Hollywood adventure movie out now. I do hope I am wrong, but it just seemed too formulaic. Explosions for the sake of explosion and chases for the sake of chases.

OK, haven't seen the trailer. BUT...rewatch the first Indiana Jones, there are a ton of that kind of effects there too. (I remember sneaking into that movie at least 4 times, I was too young to get in legally. heeheehee) Hopefully you won't be disappointed. I am one of those people who try not to get my hopes up in case they are dashed, but for this, I admit I'm all goofy with excitement.

Oh I know the originals have those effects. They are not there for the sake of the effects themselves though. They are there because that is what the story demands. If that is true of this film too then it will be great. If they are forced in though, that is where it will fail to live up to the others.

In our house I would have to say the next Transformers movie. I don't know if they even started filming yet but we LOVE that movie here! In the meantime the boys want to see IN Jones because the kid (Shia LeBoef) from Transformers is in it.
DH is excited for the next Narnia, he watched the 1st on cable last weekend. I never got into the books, my brother did. I read all the Little House on the Prairies twice instead.

Are there any movies you are waiting for to come out? How about a movie that you could watch a hundred times and not get tired of?...

So tell me, what are YOUR favorite movies!!!

IM A GEEK!! Sue me :p

S*E*X and the City. :rolleyes: Want to know if Big finally marries Carrie. :LOL: I admit it - I watch the reruns & the re-reruns & they still make me laugh. Will wait till it comes to TV. Haven't been inside a movie theatre in eons. One reason being, I sat in screening rooms for years, as part of my work. Favorite movies, or movies I could watch over & over again -- too many to count. Mostly the old classic B/Ws.

I have to be the odd one. I don't really look forward to any movie coming out. I watch movies all the time, but I can't say I anticipate sequals or anything.
And..... I never saw Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter or the Narnia one.... I started to watch Lord.. and Narnia once, but I just couldn't get interested. Maybe I don't like new movies with kids as the stars.
Well, I probably did 40 years ago :)

Have faith GB. Spielberg didn't get to be a mogul by disregarding the importance of characterization and plot. Indy is an icon and it will be good.

Pairing an established hero with a spunky sidekick rarely works out well, though. I'm glad they're bringing back Karen Allen. Marion was the best of the three "Indy Girls" and really the only one who was fun to watch. I'm incredulous of her importance in the film, however, given how little face time she's receiving in promotions compared to world's Boofiest LeBoof.

I also have some concerns about sci-fi elements in the film replacing the traditional, spiritual elements. Not that Clarke's 3rd Law couldn't apply, it would just seem odd.

Still, I'm sure I'll see it on opening day.

I heard there's a NEW James Bond coming out in November. I'm not a huge fan but it's always a fun date night for hubby and I.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't care less. I will watch the upcoming movies when and if they come on DVD. BUt that is about it. I am exited about my son upcoming graduation from Wharton, about my best friend's son's wedding, about my son Bar Mitzvah, but movies ???? I have better thigs in life to be exited about.

No need to be like that Charlie, if you don't like the thread don't come to post.. you sound like you're saying that we have no lives because we enjoy movies. You have your own hobbies I'm sure.

It is great to be excited about those huge life events Charlie (and Mazel Tov on all accounts ). You should leave room in your life to be excited about little things too. I will not be seeing any of these movies in the theater most likely as we only go maybe once a year now, but that does not mean I won't be excited for them.

I am a cheapskate and rarely go to see movies too.
But I still get excited sometimes....

Was excited about the last Harry Potter movie.... until I heard they were contemplating
TWO movies for the last book.... pfffffft.

Lord of the Rings... goodness, THOSE were movies! Close enough to the books for me,
although I was looking forward to seeing Tom Bombadil....

Narnia is also a favorite here. If that makes it to the Imax theatre in town, we will go
pay the outrageous $12 to see it on the 40 foot screen! :)

OK, not always too cheap, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom