What peeves you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
what peeves me:
1.)fingernails on the chalkboard
2.)itching.
3.)computer problems.
4.)overly-self righteous people. i won't even get started on that one. let's just say that they annoy me to no end and i'd like to scream when i'm around one.
5.)can't say the last one. i'd get in big trouble for that.:LOL:

1. The bottom of my feet and the palms of my hands being touch {yes I know, weird, but the feeling makes my nerves stand on end, I've had this problem since being young, it is up there with scratching on jeans and other grooved surfaces}:wacko:

2. Smacking
3. Idiot drivers
4. Someone that is skinny talk about how fat they are

texasgirl said:
4. Someone that is skinny talk about how fat they are

tee-hee, when i need to instill extreme guilt into my fiance, my favorite line is, 'oh, so apparantly you think i'm FAT!' even though, as you probably saw in my pictures, i'm quite skinny. it makes him more irate than anything else i say, even if i call him the worst of names.
you gotta keep those men on thier feet, i say!

Last edited:
texasgirl said:
1. The bottom of my feet and the palms of my hands being touch {yes I know, weird, but the feeling makes my nerves stand on end, I've had this problem since being young, it is up there with scratching on jeans and other grooved surfaces}:wacko:

I can't stand for my feet to be touched period!! It drives me insane. Especially if someone puts their fingers between my toes. I'm cringing just thinking about it!!

I don't really have too many peeves but the one thing that just makes me want to smack someone is when they talk about having no $ yet they go out to eat expensive dinners regularly & try to outdo thir neighbors by buying something their neighbor just bought only bigger & more expensive. That just iritates the heck out of me!!

People who don't keep to the right, and go thru the door on the left side.

People who don't stop at STOP signs.

People when stopped at a traffic light, stop 1, 2, 3 or more car lengths behind the car in front of them.

People who park in clearly, no parking spots, or no parking spaces at all.

People who won't turn because they can't get all the way over to 3 or 4 lanes, where they want to be.

Store employees talking on the phone(personal calls) while assisting a cutomer.

let's see...

I can't handle being late or having someone arrive late or if I'm having guests ( think my mother) I can't handle if they show up earlier than agreed on.
I get really upset if I make plans and the plans change (even if I'm the one the changes them)
and being lied to. I HATE being lied to.

I haven't had my coffee yet this morning so... I could go on and on and on.
but, I'll be nice and stop.:rolleyes:

Let's see,

1-potato chip and ice crunching in my ear:LOL:
2-gum snapping
drivers, who just have to cram in ahead of you to turn right, when they could do it one second later if they had stayed behind you!!!
3-parent, who wait til the last minute to drop off the kids at school, then stop dead in busy traffic and let those little guys out in the center of a busy street..
4-Anyone who asks me a question, I give the answer then they immediately try to change my mind
5-people who can't wait til you get out of an elevator before they almost knock you down trying to get on!
6-I'm one of those who when planning a party or dinner,always starts way ahead..and people who wait til the day before drive me to distraction..I could wring their necks:ROFLMAO:
other than that I'm EASY:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
kadesma

texasgirl said:

Must be tricky to shake hands with people if you have that kind of quirk. I'm surprised that two of you said that touching your feet bothers you so quickly. I like having my feet touched. Foot rubs are great. One of my cats likes to rub against my feet and I love the feeling of the soft fur against my skin.

I'm not quite sure about scratching on jeans either. Is it like scratching on a blackboard to you?

Hearing someone slurp cereal makes me cringe for some reason.

Hearing someone say 'um' 50 times during a phone conversation makes me want to jump right through the phone line to strangle them. Actually any repetetive word or phrase can get to me. My brother likes to use the phrase "I'm just sayin'..." and I have to bite my tongue about that every time we talk.

I know there are others, but those are two of my biggies.

BC

BC,

don't you love it when you hear Ya Know after every sentence?

kadesma:LOL:

Blue cat, it's not the actual touching anything to my feet. What I can't take, is the texture, you know the rib like pattern on your feet and palms that make up your prints? I can touch my feet to anything that doesn't have that to go against mine. I can shake hands just fine, because, the hand is in one area and doesn't rub. Hard to explain. Dh tries all the time to catch me without my socks on at bedtime and rub the bottom of his foot with mine, you ever see a cat jump to the ceiling when you sneek up and touch it? That's me. I don't have a problem walking bare foot or anything, it's just that one texture. Do you know the kids books that used to be made that had the hard cover on the front that if you turned it one way, it showed one picture and you can turn it slightly the other way, the picture changes? I think there are still stickers like that too, scratch one of those with your fingernail,THAT is the feeling. And as for chalkboards, that doesn't bother me, but. listening to someone that it does bother, yes, it's that feeling. Blue jeans have that same texture and if my leg itches, I have to run to the bathroom, so that I don't scratch the blue jean material, other material doesn't bother me. LOL, I'm listening to myself writing this and I sound so psychotic!

Last edited:
luvs_food said:
that annoys me so very much, too, kadesma, ya know?:-p
If you think that's bad, I knew someone who ended almost EVERY sentence with, "Ya know what I mean ya know?"

As soon as I have time, I'll post my peeves. I'm up to 610 words on my paper that is due tonight (I need at least 1750). It is turning out pretty good, but too slowly! Back to work for me!

:) Barbara

people who talk on the phone and don't pay attention to the road !!!!!!

people who are too busy gabbing on the phone instead of keeping an
eye on there kids !!!!

people on welfare who live in the projects driving brand spanking new
cars while my bf and i bust our butts to drive around in cars 10 yrs old
or older !!!!!!

people commiting crimes and getting off scott free !!!!

i could go on and on but i won't.

middie said:
people who talk on the phone and don't pay attention to the road !!!!!!

people who are too busy gabbing on the phone instead of keeping an
eye on there kids !!!!

people on welfare who live in the projects driving brand spanking new
cars while my bf and i bust our butts to drive around in cars 10 yrs old
or older !!!!!!

people commiting crimes and getting off scott free !!!!

i could go on and on but i won't.
I would have liked to have listed those too Middie, but I figured, I'd be listed as a peeve as people wou list to many things:ROFLMAO: But I agree with you 100%
kadesma

• Lack of courtesy (especially on the road). When I use my turn signal it is to inform others what I intend to do... It is not a request or a signal for them to close the space that happens to be in front of them. It really frosts my coconuts when people are SO worried that someone else might get in front of them that 'merging courtesy' goes right out the window.
  • Having to sit through a traffic light twice because the person 'on the bubble' is distracted or not paying attention. Sure, they eventually notice the light is green and get themSELVES through.
  • People who are not prepared when it is their turn to pay at the supermarket checkout... They wait until everything is rung up before they start writing their checks or start looking for coins and coupons.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

(mmmmm frosted coconuts..... :-p )​

did i mention the people who wait to the last minute to get over when a sign says right laned closed... 3 MILES ago ?????

middie said:
did i mention the people who wait to the last minute to get over when a sign says right laned closed... 3 MILES ago ?????
Middie, you mean the ones who nearly take off the front bumper of your car getting in front of you..I've watched them come tearing up that closed lane then push in front..Yep common courtesy YEESH!!!
kadesma:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom