What was your favorite childhood breakfast cereal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ate mostly porridge growing up. My favourite was Maltabella (malted sorgum porridge) very good. We had cereal but all I really liked was corn pops and sometimes fruit loops but dry as a snack for school.

I buy Maltabella, oats, maize porridge, bran flakes and weetbix for my kids. They are allowed one box of sweetened cereal per month.They'll hopefully thank me one day when the have all their teeth and healthy bodies.

America's favorite cereal! CHEERIOS!!! Yea! I used to take a sandwich bag full of them to work everyday and eat them at my desk as I was working. Great for snacking.

I like d King Vitamin of the choices we were allowed as kids. The other options were Wheatabix, Shredded Wheat, All Bran, oatmeal, corn meal mush. We were not allowed any cereal that was not whole grain and free of sugar. All came with soy milk and half a grapefruit which we had to eat.

Soy milk today, like Silk brand is good but the stuff my mother made was terrible, chalky, thin, watery basically flavorless stuff. My sisters and I hated cereal period but, I would take King Vitamin if it had to be cereal at all.

I much preferred thickened fruit on toast to any cereal. That or get out of the house before I had to eat breakfast at all.

I would always eat Rice Krispies or Cheerio's during the summer and oatmeal during the winter. My dad liked grits cooked the night before, put in the refrigerator overnight then sliced and fried in bacon grease with scrambled eggs and sliced tomatoes.

I would always eat Rice Krispies or Cheerio's during the summer and oatmeal during the winter. My dad liked grits cooked the night before, put in the refrigerator overnight then sliced and fried in bacon grease with scrambled eggs and sliced tomatoes.

Polenta... :chef: I know, I know...there is a difference but, I do that too.. In the evening I cover it with mushroom gravy... ;)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom