What was Your Favorite Trick to Playon Kids at Halloween?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I've done everything from sliding a ghost down a fishing line from the 2nd story bathroom window with a line attached to pull it back up, to hunting trick or treaters in my yard with a Nerf bow, and Nerf Arrows, to shooting them with silly string after giving them their full sized candy bars.

My favorite was the year I donned my highly effective camouflage, and sat in the bushes on the side yard. I had my stoutest fishing rod, with 80 lb. test braid on the reel, attached to a plastic zipper bag with a light stick, and a Snicker's bar in it. The bag was set in the path to my front door. Of course the yard was full of spooky stuff, tiki torches, and lights. When kids would approach, I'd twitch the bag and everyone would jump. I'd hear them talking: "What is it?"
"I don't know. Pick it up."
"I'm not picking it up. You pick it up."

Finally, one of the kids would pick it up, and I'd give a little tug. If the person held on, I'd reel them to me and holler to the house; "Honey, I got a sucker. Get the pot ready."

When they got close enough, they'd see me with my bloody skull mask on, and a candy bag attached to an upturned red-clawed hand, connected to a short pole. I'd say to the kids; "One of you youngens got the guts to put your hand in the bag?"

There were little Tootsie Rolls in the bag. Again I'd hear, not me. I'm not doin it. You do it. Finally, one child would start to put their hand in. I'd twitch the bag, and they'd all jump. Finally, the child would get a Tootsie Roll. They thought that was it, and always started to leave. I'd direct them to my front door where full sized bars were handed out by my wife. That was such a fun year. The kids always commented weeks before Halloween that they couldn't wait to see what was going to happen in my yard on Halloween.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom