What will Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, to keep this OT, I may just buy myself another Christmas present besides the new sauce pan. My coffee maker is back to brewing terrible coffee again.

Keurig! Keurig! Keurig! LOL! Seriously pacanis, did you try the vinegar thing? Fill with vinegar, let it sit overnight. Drain the vinegar, run two or three batches of clear water through and then try coffee again.

My kids have put their gifts under the tree. I've not been peeking or shaking, but there are some cool items under there. I may be SOL for the handblender though. I don't see anything that resembles that under the tree.

I didn't let the vinegar sit overnight, but after cleaning with CLR, then rinsing a couple times, I did brew a pot of vinegar and rinse some more.
Since it was OK for a while, I'm thinking maybe the heating element isn't getting as hot as it should. At least some times...

Yeah, I'll probably get a Keurig. It's just a matter of which one now. The one I like is the one that everyone says needs replaced in a year.

SO, my daughters and I exchange stocking gifts. Minimal value fun to open. Gifts for our grandson are a different story. After all, he's six, it's his time of year.

Andy, he is at the perfect age for Christmas. Still young enough to be in awe and to give a lot of joy without even knowing it. :angel:

As great as tablets are, I don't see them as a replacement for a laptop. If your only interface will be to surf the internet, do email and play games (more or less) a tablet is a good idea. If you plan on doing a lot of typing or spreadsheets or other computer stuff, a lap or desk top is the way to go.

There are some now that are very close to being laptop replacements. My friend had an Asus tablet with a dock that makes some tasks much easier, but it is still super portable on its own.

My new tablet is slightly more powerful than my laptop (processor speed) and I can see it replacing the laptop when traveling. For now though, picture editing and blogging is much easier on the laptop. I can see myself buying one more laptop and seeing tablets evolve into a more capable replacement.

Andy, he is at the perfect age for Christmas. Still young enough to be in awe and to give a lot of joy without even knowing it. :angel:

I talked to my daughter today. She told me he's getting very excited about Christmas day and Santa's arrival. He received a Portable North Pole personalized greeting from Santa and that just cranked things up more. He couldn't figure out how Santa knew his name and where he lived.

Very cool :cool: What business are you in?

Well, when I'm not running black op missions for a large government which will remain un-named :ermm:... or doing on location photo shoots for a popular women's swimwear catalog :angel:... I take care of folks' pets :) I own a small kennel/retail/grooming business. And apparently credit card processing companies are getting pretty cut throat to steal away customers from competitors. I sure could have used a new toaster, but this will do :LOL:

That's great. We used to have a shop like that in our neighborhood; unfortunately the original owners moved away and the second owners couldn't keep it going.

That happens a LOT. No one realizes the work involved or the stress.
It has its rewards if you are into it though.

Santa screwed up one of my presents to myself :(
The new sauce pan I ordered specifically says,
"Unique stainless steel lid locks in place for easy and safe straining of large foods on one side and small foods on the other."
But it doesn't. It has no locking or straining feature whatsoever. Too bad, it's a nice looking pot, but I specifically wanted a straining feature in this one. It's re-packed and ready for UPS pickup...
On the plus side one of my other presents to myself arrived today along with the pot :)
On the down side it's the re-fillable cups for my Keurig, not that actual machine :wacko:

Shrek's new flatware showed up at 9 this morning. Was woken up by the doorbell ringing. It's nice, he likes it. I prefer my Henckels flatware and have it tucked away.

I'm hoping for snow!

I already know I am getting continued love from my DH - so long as I keep feeding him LOL

I hope everyone gets their wishes and I also hope everyone gives a little.

Merry Christmas to all !!

img_1220712_0_ac7bc9f714e15fd07aa8023cab8ad8e5.jpg

Not a clue, DH makes sure I'm surprised. But the giving part, for me it's what it's all about I love giving to my grand babies and seeing the looks on their sweet faces. Give so much pleasure.
kades

Santa brought me a custom-made Yagi (??) antenna. It is tuned to receive PBS. I can now watch my favorite shows on PBS. The design is simple and the best part is it is tuned to PBS so I can once again enjoy PBS. Life in the country can be so much more challenging (I'm in a technological black hole--I can only get cellular high speed Internet or dial up. Ironically, I can't get a cell phone signal unless I walk to the end of the driveway). No cable or satellite TV options.

All I want is a certificate for a 10 week course of swimming lessons.
Here's hoping you get it! I learned to swim almost about the time I learned to walk. Swimming is great! I used to swim 1 mile every morning before school and then 2 miles every afternoon after school. I love to be in the water. When I go take care of my parents, I go to the local hotel that has a pool and a "pass" system 3-4 afternoons/week whenever I am there. I now have the key to a friend's condo building--there is a POOL! I plan on swimming 30-40 minutes 3-4 days / week once I finish shoveling the driveway. Love to swim--great exercise.

Last edited:
Here's hoping you get it! I learned to swim almost about the time I learned to walk. Swimming is great! I used to swim 1 mile every morning before school and then 2 miles every afternoon after school. I love to be in the water. When I go take care of my parents, I go to the local hotel that has a pool and a "pass" system 3-4 afternoons/week whenever I am there. I now have the key to a friend's condo building--there is a POOL! I plan on swimming 30-40 minutes 3-4 days / week once I finish shoveling the driveway. Love to swim--great exercise.
I love the water as well. I can only get about 20 laps in in an hour, I am not a very good swimmer but so badly want to learn the technique.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom