What will Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Yesterday my youngest son Poo called me and asked what do I want for Christmas. I couldn't think of one thing. I am trying to get my house cleaned out of stuff I never use. Then it came to me after he hung up. Of course.

Ever since I had the Norovirus I have become a fanatic about washing my hands and counter tops. I hate to wear a sweater in the house. My hands are always in water. Now the other day, no matter how high I pushed up the heat, I was freezing. I got out a lap blanket I used during my wheelchair days. Threw it over my shoulders and kept it together with an Acco clip. Those black clips you use in the office to clip a bunch of papers together.

Aha! I want a shawl to wear around the house for those days I can never get warm enough. Good grief. All I need now is a rocking chair and a night cap for my head. I hate to keep pushing the heat up because then when Spike comes over it is like he is walking into an oven. And he hates the heat. Loves winter.

So what do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas?

:angel:

Nada. There's not much I need. Ok, maybe some socks.

We don't really exchange gifts in our family. Instead, we tend to do things like take a December vacation someplace where we can just have fun and spend time together.

Last edited:
Addie, I replaced sweaters with sweatshirts a while ago. They keep you warm and are much easier to clean. Also easier to manage than a shawl.

SO, my daughters and I exchange stocking gifts. Minimal value fun to open. Gifts for our grandson are a different story. After all, he's six, it's his time of year.

Pretty sure I am getting a new set of pots and pans.
And a new microplane and a new knife steel.
We too are at the age where we don't need much,
so whatever we put on our list is pretty much what we get.

I've tried to get DH to do trips/small gifts for Christmas, but he likes to give me things I wouldn't buy for myself.

He wanted to go to B&N last night; he shopped while I wandered, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting a Kindle Fire. I also gave him my Amazon wishlist, which includes a set of kitchen canisters (the ones I have are old and chipped and don't go with my kitchen after we renovated it 5 years ago :ohmy:), a gel kitchen mat with a Tuscan-looking image on it, and some books about history and cooking - one about Asia, one about Mayans, and a couple others that have been on that list forever :) I also usually get a big bottle of booze in a flavor DH doesn't like, like Amaretto. Goes great with champagne.

My Christmas gift this year is the new-found health I am experiencing and the fact that TB is finding help too. We will be missing Dad, but my nephew just eloped in Mexico and so there is a new member of the family. Unfortunately they live in Toronto, but he is promising they will come out in the summer.

Health and family...what better presents can you get!

My mom sent me one of those fancy laser thermometer things, I've wanted one, but couldn't justify spending money on it. She sent me a 4 timer kitchen timer as well. She saw these in a cooking magazine and wrote them down, then hunted them down on Amazon. She also sent me a chocolate fountain, not sure how I will use that though. My mom and I have this thing about opening our gifts early if we aren't going to be together on Christmas.

I have a book, a micro SD card, and a new kitchen scale on my Amazon wish list, and I'm pretty sure that I am getting them.

I bought myself a nice new snazzy tablet, I couldn't ask anyone to spend that much money on me. I don't splurge much, but every once in a while I buy myself something.

...I bought myself a nice new snazzy tablet, I couldn't ask anyone to spend that much money on me. I don't splurge much, but every once in a while I buy myself something.

SO has an iPad she bought for herself this summer. She absolutely loves it!

Understand that when we met and for ten years after that, she had ZERO computer knowledge or interest. When I bought my Mac in '09 she tentatively started doing email and google on my old PC. She liked it enough to buy herself a new net book to replace the old clunker of a laptop she was using. The net book was better but not great.

Her boss introduced her to an iPad for use at work to track appointments and all the family's appointments, etc. She fell in love with it and bought herself one with a bonus check she received. Now she's on FB, plays Word With Friends with everyone she knows and there's no stopping her.

I've got a mini Ipad due in today. I'm getting it for free. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I don't imagine it will be much different than my Kindle Fire.

I just ordered myself a new 1.5 qt sauce pan. That will be my present to myself this year I guess.

Nada. There's not much I need. Ok, maybe some socks.

We don't really exchange gifts in our family. Instead, we tend to do things like take a December vacation someplace where we can just have fun and spend time together.

Love this! Now to convince the rest of the family ...

SO has an iPad she bought for herself this summer. She absolutely loves it!

Understand that when we met and for ten years after that, she had ZERO computer knowledge or interest. When I bought my Mac in '09 she tentatively started doing email and google on my old PC. She liked it enough to buy herself a new net book to replace the old clunker of a laptop she was using. The net book was better but not great.

Her boss introduced her to an iPad for use at work to track appointments and all the family's appointments, etc. She fell in love with it and bought herself one with a bonus check she received. Now she's on FB, plays Word With Friends with everyone she knows and there's no stopping her.

Sounds like my mom. She didn't have a computer and then one day, out of the blue, bought one and went online. Through a lot of trial and error, she learned how to use it. Now she travels with a laptop and is almost always connected. Next, she says that she wants a tablet and a smartphone!

We too give each other a vacation. No, not from each other, we go somewhere together.

I buy for my mom, the inlaws, and the youngest niece and nephew. Much less complicated than years ago. If I want something, I buy it for myself, as I need immediate gratification.

Last edited:
We are getting 2 Jamie Oliver cookbooks, the Wii U Premium and a couple of games for it, a big tin of Quality Street chocolates, some salt and pepper grinders, a Breville Sandwich Maker, new electric toothbrushes, there is more but I forget what is wrapped and under the tree :LOL:

I've got a mini Ipad due in today. I'm getting it for free. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I don't imagine it will be much different than my Kindle Fire.

I just ordered myself a new 1.5 qt sauce pan. That will be my present to myself this year I guess.

They look really good Pac!

We bought the Nexus 7 instead a couple of months ago, but the mini iPad looks brilliant ;)

Back
Top Bottom