What will you do for New Year's Eve? Any Resolutions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
What do you plan on doing for new Year's Eve? Do you have any New Year's resolutions planned? Come here and let everyone know.

I've been invited to a party that night. No resolutions though.:)

New Years Eve we will be tobogganing in the day, then eating chili and going over to a friends place to watch some fireworks, then home again to veg til midnight.

New Years Day we don't do much. I MAY make a special dinner but I haven't decided yet. I'm still WAY too stoked about it being Christmas!!!

Buck and I haven't gone out for New Year's Eve in years, especially since we've moved here. We live in a VERY rural area and any place to "go" to celebrate is over 30 miles away.

However, for years we've always celebrated the entry of the new year with a dinner of fondue from Buck's Swiss grandfather's recipe, then special cut-out cookies and champagne at midnight.

We don't usually make resolutions. They always had a way of getting trashed pretty quickly. Although, I have a head start on getting rid of some weight I've been wanting to lose. I got on the scale this morning, after not having been on it in a very long time, and discovered I've lost 20 pounds since about August. Yeah! That really gave me a boost and helped me be more determined to keep on keepin' on with the weight loss. So, I suppose, you could say that is a resolution for 2008.

We set sail on the 31st from Honolulu for a 9 day cruise around Maui, Kauai, The Big Island, and Oahu. From what i have been told, NCL does one heck of a shindig for new years.

As far as resolutions, some as last year: loose some weight, drink less, save more.

I didn't know that you live in Honolulu. Must be nice sunny and warm out there, as opposed to the brutally cold weather we're having here!

I might make a small dinner myself that day. Was going to make dinner tomorrow, but no.

We don't usually do anything New Year's eve. With 3 small kids, it's VERY hard to find a willing baysitter. But that's alright. We just get some more time together.
I've been asked to work New Year's Day, that means getting up by 3 am to get there at 4:15. I haven't decided on my answer yet.
My resolution was going to be to lose my last 10 lbs left from last years resolution. But now after the holidays and cookie baking and everything else, it will have to be 13 lbs. :(
I gotta stop cooking so much!

dw asked me last night if we could go out for dinner somewhere. i think she meant all three of us. i don't think she meant getting a babysitter. wow, that would be nice.

but if it's the three of us, we'll go out earlier and bang pots and pans at midnight, if we're still awake.

i'm working new years day, in either case.

We set sail on the 31st from Honolulu for a 9 day cruise around Maui, Kauai, The Big Island, and Oahu. From what i have been told, NCL does one heck of a shindig for new years.

As far as resolutions, some as last year: loose some weight, drink less, save more.
Take me with you Tattrat?! We're planning a party at my brother's house with finger foods and pop fireworks outside with the kids. Some of my resolutions for the new year are to be "healthier, more spiritual and more positive". That should get me through another year without getting in trouble.

We never go anyplace on New Year's Eve. The cops are out in force, as are the drunks, and it just seems like a good night to stay home. We may fry up a batch of oysters.
New Year's Day is my grandson's birthday...he'll be 10. I'll have a birthday dinner for him. As we speak, he wants cheeseburgers and his mom's Red Velvet Cake.

As for resolutions, a lot of people in Illinois will be trying to quit smoking. As of Jan. 1, cigarettes will be going up another $9 a carton (my Carltons will be $59 a carton), and smoking will be outlawed within 15 feet of any public place, including restaurants, bars, private clubs, and even outdoors. Smoking areas will be eliminated, and businesses will face serious fines if they don't enforce the regulations.
I can understand some regulation, but I think they've gone way too far.

We will be staying home and playing games. I want to make something but the wife wants to get takeout at Redlobster or something. Not sure what to do.

No resolutions here.

On New Year's Eve, we stay home, watch DVD's and eat lots of chips & dip, then fall asleep on the couch watching everyone else freeze their buns off in Times Square.

New Years Day is family and guests at our house, about 10 people. I'll be making something hearty like my barbecued beef stew with cheddar cornbread topping.

We only make modest resolutions that we can stick with and that are very specific. I'll be losing my last 9 pounds to get back to my pre-baby weight of 120 lbs., and we'll go from putting $50 into our savings account each week to $75 a week. That's all.

As for resolutions, a lot of people in Illinois will be trying to quit smoking. As of Jan. 1, cigarettes will be going up another $9 a carton (my Carltons will be $59 a carton), and smoking will be outlawed within 15 feet of any public place, including restaurants, bars, private clubs, and even outdoors. Smoking areas will be eliminated, and businesses will face serious fines if they don't enforce the regulations.
I can understand some regulation, but I think they've gone way too far.

I wish Iowa would do this already. At least in the public places, not necessarily outside.

I am going to a club in Chicago with some friends (free top shelf 8pm-1am :angel: ) As far as resolutions, I am going to do a triathalon, RAGBRAI (Welcome to RAGBRAI.org), and the Chicago Urbanathlon (10 mile run with obstacles Men's Health - Urbanathlon and Festival). The only one I have done thus far is RAGBRAI.

We have a party to go too.. We'll spend the night at a friends ( also invited) so we don't have to drive home. They live very close to the party house.

The next day... I'm doing NOTHING.
Grabbing a blanket, making a nest on the sofa. The hardest thing
I plan on doing is turning the tv from channel 4 to 5! Reading and watching tv...
no cooking
no cleaning
Nope! None!

( hopefully I can get Paulie to go along with the plan!!)

We'll just be hanging out and chatting and watching the fireworks downtown from the deck. I've been thinking about resolutions and decided this year to make a list of things I want to get done as far as home repair/improvement projects. I'm going to laminate it and post it on the fridge and make sure I actually get all of them done by next New Year's Eve. (Also, there's an extra 10 lbs. that's been hanging around on my butt that I'm going to try and get rid of but I probably won't put that on the fridge list!)

Lou and I are going to Birdland Jazz club in NYC to listen to Hillary Kole and then off to Delta Grill for the best cajun/creole cuisine NYC has to offer.

I don't believe in resolutions. (As a kid, I didn't believe in giving up anything for lent, either). Sure, it's great to have a clean slate; but too often, resolutions tend to be negative or about denial. Life shouldn't be about denial. Life should be celebrated with joie de vivre apparent in all you do. Find balance and harmony and the rest will fall into place, including the things you'd like to eliminate or change. You should examine your life everyday, not once a year. Set small goals, things that you know you can achieve, and it will always lead to accomplishing bigger goals you barely considered possible.

Hear the music, and dance like no one is watching you. If you can do that, resolutions are not going to be necessary.

We were suppose to go to a party,but being I have the new job and they were nice and didn't make me work Christmas I have to work New Years eve and New Years day 11pm-7am kind of stinks but at least I have a job.
This year was my husbands year to be the DD.Thats the part that REALLY STINKS!!!!

Going to a friends house out of town. She lost her partner to cancer a year ago and is finally grieving. We're gonna play cards and dice, have a good supper and then who knows!

Resolutions? Lose weight. I have already lost 15 and am just getting warmed up! We start the "Biggest Loser" contest at work on 1/3!

ETA: Oh, and contratulations to everyone else who's lost some weight!

DH recently came home from the hospital and is doing rehab for reconditioning, so we will stay at home and have a special dinner and just relax by the fireplace. Football and parades on tv will be our entertainment.
We are grateful he got through 2007 and hope for a better 2008.

Back
Top Bottom