Whatcha giving Dad for Father's Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not sure yet. have to get a card out this morning.

what do you get an 85 year old man who already has (quoting my mom) "more books than he can read, and more cds that he can listen to before he dies"?

a photo album, like the one you made for dw??

nothing here, 20 years since he has been gone:(

thanks gg. i'll have to ask my mom of cheese is ok for his diet.

beth, my family just made my parents a huge photo album for their 60th wedding anniversary. but thanks, tho.

vb, was there a picture like this on the label:

mario-bee.JPG

My dad died four years ago and DW does not speak with her step dad and hasn't seen her biological dad in a long long time.
But hey, I am a father!! They better get me something good this year... no ties or cologne or socks or underwear (underwear?!?!?!?!?). I dropped a hint and sent DW an email from Borders advertising 40% off (she loves a bargain) on two cooking books one from Batali and one from Flay.
Hopefully, she will get the hint!

I always get my dad all the little treats he won't buy himself - a bottle of port, biltong (like jerkey),chocolate and some fancy tobacco for his pipe (never used to buy him that out of protest that he still smokes but hey at 75 he's not going to stop now)

not sure yet. have to get a card out this morning.

what do you get an 85 year old man who already has (quoting my mom) "more books than he can read, and more cds that he can listen to before he dies"?

wait a sec - that's MY dad. Does yours have a new bookshelf in front of the fireplace to hold all the latest books/CDs/various items?

phone call is all he's getting..................(don't take this the wrong way, readers - I love my dad, but he's getting to be a bit of a hoarder in his old age)

My dad has died but I helped my kids buy their dad a cool 1 TB hard drive. One son already formatted it for him and put a bunch of pictures and videos on it for him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom