What're you Listening To (part deux)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a very loud go-cart buzzing around and around and around and around the house.......

Medeski, Martin, & Wood - Let's Go Everywhere.

They are a jazz trio and some of the most amazing musicians around right now. They recorded this album as a kids album, but their goal was to not dumb down the music just because it was for kids. They did not understand why kids albums all sounded the same and gave the kids a lot more credit than that. The album is amazing. The music is stuff that adults can really enjoy and kids can love it too. The songs that have lyrics are geared towards the kids and are really sweet. We listened to it during dinner last night and all 4 of us were bopping our heads and dancing in our seats.

music for your head

i'm late to the game on this post and did not read it all. this is a link to pandora, an online radio station that may be gone soon. after trying many online radio stations and sat. radio this is the best i've found. plug in a few of your favortie artists and you will find songs you forgot about and new artists you like. just posting here but this site has been a great find. hope you like it too.
Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

stations i like

clint mansell,
johnny cash,
whitney houston,
sonic youth,
patsy cline,
pixies,
dj shadow,
massive attack,
the allman brothers,
atmosphere,
mos def,
swithchblade symph,
etta james,
ect.

stations i like

clint mansell,
johnny cash,
whitney houston,
sonic youth,
patsy cline,
pixies,
dj shadow,
massive attack,
the allman brothers,
atmosphere,
mos def,
swithchblade symph,
etta james,Tower o
ect.

Mine:

Lee Ritenour
Larry Carlton
Hellacasters
Riviera Paradise(Stevie Ray)
Satriani
Setzer
Robben Ford
Pat Methany
SquibCakes (Tower of Power)
Gauraldi (Vince)

Hey, I'm a guitar geek.

I will mourn the passing of Pandora.

Pandora is great. I have found out about so many artists that I had never heard of before, but now love because of Pandora. I have also listened to artists that I thought I would hate, but turns out I really like because of Pandora.

Thanks for the info. I mainly use Rhapsody and I do pay ($15 per month with unlimited downloads and portability on my media device). They also offer suggestions and 'radio' streams that I find useful for discovery of new music.

Back
Top Bottom