What're you Listening To (part deux)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MJ, where do I recognize Robin Trower's name from? Was he/she in a band before going solo? Sorry 'bout the boomer ignorance here (but da Bears DID win.....)

Robin Trower left "Procol Harum" in the early 70's. I think his first album was "twice removed from yesterday" after he formed his own band.
And yes, I hated to see da Bears win!

Knights in White Satin by the Moody Blues. Just makes me melt.

One of our local really, really hick country music stations just converted to an "oldies" format...'60s, '70s and a smattering of '80s. Music I can relate to. Although, I do really love good country, but this station was just, too, too much. I can do without the hog report at noon. Really.

Anyhow, their new format has me bee-boppin all over the house. Buck and I even did some slow dancin' in the kitchen the other night. And our children think we're dead! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dream on kiddos. We're like fine cheese and wine. Just gettin' better with age.

Cat Power - The Greatest. This is my new favorite album and singer. What a gorgeous voice!

Jolie Holland - Escondida. Perfect for Sunday morning listening.

Me Voy by Julieta Venegas. Just found out she was Mexican, not a Spaniard as I thought all this time. She has a sweet voice, nice change from usually "too macho" type singing/voice of Italian female singers...(well, except Laura Pausini and Elisa.)

Listing

Right now and all the time...
XM Radio. Ch 13 Willie's Place.
Hank Wiliams, Hank Thompson, Hank Locklin, Ernest Tubb, Eddie Arnold, Dotty West, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, Meril Haggard and others.
I have this in my truck and my computer room.
Un intruped radio from So. Cal. to Houston, TX and return with out a commerical one!

A sudden hail storm!!:ohmy:
This is good... I was going to have a walk to the gym within an hour... hope it will stop quickly! (I bet it will be much colder even if it does... yuck!)

Hungry said:
Right now and all the time...
XM Radio. Ch 13 Willie's Place.
Hank Williams, Hank Thompson, Hank Locklin, Ernest Tubb, Eddie Arnold, Dotty West, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, Merle lHaggard and others.
I have this in my truck and my computer room.
Un intruped radio from So. Cal. to Houston, TX and return with out a commerical one!
Do not have XM Radio, but Channel 13 sounds like a real winner. Everyone you have listed is wonderful. I especially like Eddie Arnold and Patsy Cline.

I am not listening to anything right now but the sound of silence. The house is dead quiet, which is really nice sometimes. Quiet outside, too, and makes the inside quiet, enveloping and soothing.

Last edited:
urmaniac13 said:
A sudden hail storm!!:ohmy:
This is good... I was going to have a walk to the gym within an hour... hope it will stop quickly! (I bet it will be much colder even if it does... yuck!)

OUCH!! That would have been one heck of a walk there!! Be careful not to get caught outside in case there is more later!!

I usually listen to NPR at my desk and in my car, despite the fact that my husband is on-air talent AND the program director of a radio station!
I'm into the mellowed out granola stuff or old 80s alternative if I listen to anything... but I do have to say I saw Mary J. Blige on Oprah last week and now I want her cd, so soulful, wonderful voice.

I usually lean towards Southern string bands or acoustic blues from the 20's and 30's but the in past couple days I've played Iris DeMent's Infamous Angel, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, and Woody Guthrie The Asch Recordings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom