What's been happening in my life (Beth's Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Beth,
My heartfelt prayers and good wishes for you and Rich. I'm so happy he has something to keep himself going on a daily basis and you to keep watch over him. It's also good to see Rich has a sense of humor and you do to, it is so important.
We are here for you and for anything as caregiving is both a burden and a blessing. Feel free to contact me with PM's. Not to boast or anything, but I am a good resource when it comes to caregiving and end-of-life care, it's what I do!
Elizabeth

Beth, I've been here a short time and posted just a little, but I still can let you know I am so sorry for this huge bump in life's road for the two of you. You and Rich must be two of the strongest people I have "met" through internet postings; I admire your strength. Know you both are in my prayers as you tackle this together.

Oh Beth, I am glad that you are able to enjoy the time together like this rather than Rich being hospitalized. I also knew someone who had cancer twice, and the second time after trying everything possible, decided to just enjoy her time left and do what she could with the people she loved. She passed feeling she was ready for the next stage of her being, and in peace. I find it admirable to make such a decision, admirable that you are doing whatever you can for him, and he for you to make your life comfortable. Just be together Beth... you are both blessed to have each other!

Dear Beth: I cannot believe I am just seeing this thread now.

I am so very sad to hear of Rich's illness. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will be sending you cyber hugs on a regular basis, and if there is anything I can do for you in real time, please ask.

You two are doing what I would do in these circumstances... trying to live as normal a life as possible, and just love and take care of each other.

Who knows, maybe G-d will work a miracle!

Hi Beth,
just a quick note to say I'm thinking of you both. Prayer each and every day for the two of you.
hugs,
cj

Uncle Bob, thanks for bringing this forward again.

Beth, You and Rich were on my mind often during the holiday season. I hope you were able to have some celebration together.

And as Kades said, you are both in my daily prayers.

Please let us know if there is anything your DC family can do for you two.

:heart::flowers::heart:

just checking in briefly...we both have very bad colds...and we will be zzzzzzzzzzzing shortly:)

thank you so much for the positive thoughts, prayers, warm fuzzies, hugs and well wishes.....it's all we have at this point..

here are some photos from my favorite Christmas tradition at a friends farm house...and one photo at dh's mom's house with the whole gang..

Attachments

• DSCN0266.jpg
    DSCN0266.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN0274.jpg
    DSCN0274.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCN0303.jpg
    DSCN0303.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 212
Feel better soon Beth and Rich. I'd send you some of my turkey soup but I think I've used it all up!

still trying to get over these colds...the hospice nurse said to expect them to last at least two weeks..

We over did it yesterday. The hardest part of dh's cancer is to recognize and respect his limitations. We pushed around some soft fluffy snow for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday and we both are feeling dreadful today. Also, the trip to TN for Christmas was too hard on Rich. From Thanksgiving up till we left for TN, we were in a surreal phase where it was easy to ignore his illness. But three hours into the trip, he started with the hiccups and they continue still. It is impossible for him to eat with the hiccups and guests just politely try to ignore them. He really does best at home with no company at meal time. He lost 2 pounds at Christmas due to his inability to eat.

And he is a person who will not use the excuse of having stomach cancer to not get something accomplished. He is slowly getting back to replacing the faucetts, he has replaced 7 of the nine faucetts. Will try to attach some photos. In the case of the faucetts, seen one, seen them all! He wants to continue with the enterior painting next week. And a positive sign; he is starting to tear down his motorcycle for the annual winter check up. At the first of November, he was convinced he would not live to see Christmas.

Oh, I almost forgot the new kitchen appliances. He installed the dishwasher before we left for TN but the range just got hooked up this week. We had a serious delay trying to get the LP gas conversion fittings.

well, I am not able to add the photos right now...

:blush: operator error in the inability to upload some photos..

Attachments

• DSCN0319.jpg
    DSCN0319.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN0321.jpg
    DSCN0321.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN0326.jpg
    DSCN0326.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0333.jpg
    DSCN0333.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 135
Oh Beth,
Love your pictures. While beautiful, I'd hate to have to move or shuffle all that snow.My prayers continue. Bless you both.Here's hoping Rich feels a little soon.
cj

Dear Beth: you know you cannot keep him from at least trying to do the things he has always done. Sending you tons and googobs of prayers and hugs.

dh is home today...mostly he has been self employed in the home building and computer software writing businesses, but the last 5 years he has worked for a friend and neighbor in a commercial roofing business. That business closed its doors 12/31/09, for a variety of reasons including the economy and dh leaving. All that is left for dh to do is the taxes and final financial stuff. He has been going in most days lately but is taking today off. He has started a new project that he thought he would never do again...tearing down his motorcycle for its annual winter check up. He thinks he can't do any more long trips, but he gets such enjoyment even with short local trips.

Pretty winter wonderland. Nice basic white appliance color scheme. Glad to hear Hubby is hanging in there. You might want to look over his shoulder and take notes while he's doing the tax and financial stuff.

Pretty winter wonderland. Nice basic white appliance color scheme. Glad to hear Hubby is hanging in there. You might want to look over his shoulder and take notes while he's doing the tax and financial stuff.

LOL, this is precisely what drove me to get some anti-anxiety medicines. DH is a spreadsheet nerd. He has a spreadsheet for everything. Seriously, he started the day after we learned he has cancer in teaching me his system. We had to develop our own retirement plan, being self employed and not being offered with my jobs....just this morning I watched him do some whizzerdry with our CD interest....I think he has no idea that I still have no idea what he is doing:ROFLMAO:

anyway, we have declared today a Holiday. He almost got giddy when I served him pizza for his first snack.....ah.... the joys of simple living;)

You should be able to cope with Excel, as long as you keep backups of some 'good' prior versions of the spreadsheets. Hopefully most of the spreadsheets aren't much more than 30 or 40 columns. It can be considerably more difficult if he's using applications he developed with tools like dBase or Visual Basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom