What's hiding behind the stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...What came out the other end was amazing. Shot it into my neighbor's yard. Lint, bird's nest, stuff I left in pants pockets. Even the coins made it a good fifteen feet airborne...

I guess I'd better clean my dryer vent...

I guess I'd better clean my dryer vent...

Very common cause of house fires are clogged dryer vents. I'm not advocating you do it my way, but it worked, and was rather entertaining.

Not quite as exciting as when my dad's cheap-a$$ extension ladder buckled and I rode it down with a running chain saw in my hand.

CD

:ohmy: on the Ladder-and-Chainsaw ride.

We've cleaned our vent hose out in the past with a long bristle brush on an extension rod - primitive and semi-effective. Recently, a bevy of friends have been FB sharing a device that attaches to a hand drill. You just bore out through the tube with some whirring bristles while it crawls its way through. I checked the price, though, and this drill attachment rings in at around $40-50.

I told Himself about your method. He said his leaf blower blasts at about 200MPH. We might give it a go. Sadly, his latest "toy" would not work - but it would be funny if it did. He got an I-Robot Looj to clean the gutters. Cost less than calling the gutter guy, and we had to pay for it only once! Better yet, it was half the retail price on eBay and it worked perfectly.

I pull out the stove every second months, so 6 time a year and clean behind. Why? I hate getting bugs inside and the stuff that ends up there is disgusting.

Also I pull out my fridge freezer every 6 months to remove dust, because it is a common cause of apartment fire here. We removed a big ball of dust when we moved in here.

My dryer is on the main floor and the vent pipe goes down through the floor and runs along the basement ceiling to the outdoors. The vent pipe is 4" stove pipe so I can disconnect it in sections and run a towel on a broom handle through it. Works great and all I really need is a little duct tape to return it to it's operating condition.

Our dryers get cleaned out once a month when they come to collect the money. So not a problem for us to worry about.

My son pulls out the stove and fridge for me about every three months so I can wash the floor behind them. Both are right up against the wall so there is not way anything can get behind them except for dust balls. Spike tiled the walls right behind them even though it is against the rules. But when maintenance saw it, they mentioned it. All I said was, "Did it increase the value of the property?" Of course the answer was Yes and smiled. He knew I was right. I just should have asked first for permission. But the head maintenance man knows Spike's work and never complains when he does work for me. Spike could build a house from ground up.

Mine is built in so a wall lol. Fridge well dust, possibly things with feelers and feet. No wheels on my fridge so I only move it when feeling suicidal. It is bigger and heavier than me. Takes forever and I have come very close to making a fridge sandwich of myself .

Our next door neighbor has moved, heck knows what he did to the cooker and floor. But the cooker came out with the floor! They lifted it out and ripped off the flooring. They have not been in there for more then 2 years. Yes in Swedish apartment you rent, it comes with cooker, fridge/freezer.

Our next door neighbor has moved, heck knows what he did to the cooker and floor. But the cooker came out with the floor! They lifted it out and ripped off the flooring. They have not been in there for more then 2 years. Yes in Swedish apartment you rent, it comes with cooker, fridge/freezer.
Yes, American apartments come with stoves, ovens, and a fridge/freezer as well.

Well in Scotland they dont ( unless your are lucky, and find a landlord who will) and some other European countries too, you have to buy them and maintain them yourself.

In Quebec an apartment comes with fridge and stove and possibly more. A "flat" doesn't usually come with appliances. An apartment generally is in a building with a main entrance and all the apartments have a number or letter, but the same street number. A flat is part of a duplex, triplex, four-plex, ... and generally the entry to the flat is from outside. Each flat has a separate street address.

Here comes the problem , I was taught that apartment meant Lägenhet, how ever this according to my husband a flat ( he is Scottish). So here is the problem I live in Sweden, we dont use our flat numbers that often, we use the street number . Which can be, if the flats are put on property 4 A,B, C ( all different doors but connected by the walls) or as here just 19 and we have a main door to the communal stairwell. Unless the house i built in loft style then separate doors but same address or separate number. Confusing? Yes, sometimes but logical if you understand the city grid. Yes, by law you cant rent out a flat/ apartment/ four walls and roof, with out fridge/freezer, stove, toilet and some where to shower and clean clothes.
Anyway I pulled the stove out today and found glitter, sparkles and five hearts and some gold stars.

Here comes the problem , I was taught that apartment meant Lägenhet, how ever this according to my husband a flat ( he is Scottish). So here is the problem I live in Sweden, we dont use our flat numbers that often, we use the street number . Which can be, if the flats are put on property 4 A,B, C ( all different doors but connected by the walls) or as here just 19 and we have a main door to the communal stairwell. Unless the house i built in loft style then separate doors but same address or separate number. Confusing? Yes, sometimes but logical if you understand the city grid. Yes, by law you cant rent out a flat/ apartment/ four walls and roof, with out fridge/freezer, stove, toilet and some where to shower and clean clothes.
Anyway I pulled the stove out today and found glitter, sparkles and five hearts and some gold stars.
So, would an apartment be a "våning"?

Back
Top Bottom