What's in your freezer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I know, I know......:bash::bangin:

I'm only bringing it up because most of us just don't know. Steve was bored the other day and he did an inventory of our little 6 cubic foot freezer we keep in the guest room. Now I have the list taped to the inside of a kitchen cupboard and I can check things off as they are used. Sometimes it pays to be married to a retired husband with OCD. :LOL:
FREEZER
QTY
LOC
BACON
L
BAGELS
1 PK
U
BANANA LEAVES
L
CARMELIZED ONION
L
CHICKEN THIGHS
U
CHICKEN THIGHS
L
CHICKEN WINGS FOSTER
U
COSTCO CHICKEN WINGS
1 BAG
U
FETTUCINI
L
GROUND LAMB
U
HAMBURGER
U
HAMBURGER
L
JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE
L
KINGS HAWAIIAN BUNS
1 PK
U
KINGS HOT DOG BUNS
L
LINGUINE
L
LOIN LAMB CHOPS
1 PK
L
MUFFINS
2 PKS
U
PIE CRUSTS
U
PITAS
1 PK
U
PIZZA DOUGH
U
PIZZA DOUGH
L
PIZZA ROLLS
L
PORK LOIN CHOPS
2PKS
U
PORK RIBS
L
PORK SHOULDER 4 CHILE V
U
PORK SIRLOIN TIP ROAST
U
PORTUGESE SAUSAGE
U
PUFF PASTRY
L
RIB EYE STEAKS
2 PKS
L
SHRIMP 16-20
1 LB
U
SHRIMP 26-30
L
SOURDOUGH BREAD
U
TEXAS TOAST
U
TORTAS
L
TRI TIP
L

Last edited:
I have an undetermined quantity of automatically generated ice cubes and a bunch of really cold food.

I have an undetermined quantity of automatically generated ice cubes....

That heretofore shall remain nameless.

I'm afraid to look. If I rearranged anything in the chest freezer, I would need the headboard piece that I set on top to keep the lid closed. And don't even start me on the bottom drawer freezer. DH is forbidden from accessing either of them, he just swears a blue streak and leaves them open.

We have three freezers - it would be harder to inventory those than it would our refrigerator! One in the bottom of the new fridge, one in the top of the old fridge, and a small standalone one we bought before we renovated the kitchen. I *wish* DH would inventory them for me! :LOL:

Andy I understand not knowing the names of your cubes since you were to cheap/frugal to buy that option but we really expect an up to the minute tally of all cubes manufactured. ;)

Kayelle. :bangin: :bash: :hammer: plus an extra :bash: for good measure.

You know I had to look. :mad:

In My Freezer.

Ice cubes. (Sorry none are named or numbered:neutral:)
Rye bread
Bacon
Salmon
Black beans
N.Y. Strip & Rib eye steaks
Italian Sausage (Hot & Mild)
Brats
Ground Beef ( Various grinds)
Peas
Corn
Cauliflower
Brussels sprouts
Chicken bones for making stock.
Chicken stock
Beef stock
Turkey stock
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Chicken (Mostly Legs & Thighs)
Pork chops
Chicken Soup
Various Tomato sauces
Various Chilies
Various Casseroles
Hot dogs
And some things I don't think I want to know what they are. :LOL:

Kayelle, you just HAD to start this thread! My parents' freezers were always an archeological dig...I'm afraid mine aren't much better.

Freezer at the farm: empty at the moment (we only use it when we are at the farm and processing stuff)
Large freezer in basement...Conrad's taking up a lot of the space, but there are several liter bags of corn, strawberries, perogies, homemade sausage, pesto, stock, and beans, beans, beans, beans.

2 fridge freezers...the tenant/roommate/chicken sitter has a frozen pizza, a bottle of vodka (purchased in July and still unopened), a liter of vanilla ice cream and 1/2 lb of bacon on her shelf.

On the top shelf of that fridge freezer, I have 2 pheasant legs, a lamb chop, 3 l of broccoli, 1-12 oz bag of chocolate chips, the shells from 1.5 lb crab legs, the shells from 4 lb of shrimp, the shells of 2 lobster tails, more mussel shells than one can shake a stick at (all you an eat night). 3 frozen 1/2 lemons, 3 l of frozen beans, 2 1-lb packages of ground beef, 4 lb of bacon. I am not going to tell you what I have in the door....

In the freezer on the porch, I have approx. 20 lb of "trimmings" from Conrad in 4 lb bags (for sausage), 4 lb of pork cut into cubes for sausage, more bags of corn than I cared to count, 1.5 lb of lemon grass, 1 qt of fish stock, some walnuts, pecans, almonds, fennugreek seeds, black beans, chick peas, methi. And little dribs and drap of other things. Somewhere, I have a leg of lamb...suspect it is buried in the big freezer...probably settled at the bottom next to that turkey I keep meaning to thaw.

I don't alphabetize--I use a whiteboard marker and write directly on the freezer with hatch marks to indicate how many. As I use items, I adjust the inventory. The writing comes off with a white board eraser. I don't need to have a list in the kitchen, 'tis just I who picks and chooses what comes out of the freezer (except the tenant's pizza and bottle of vodka).

Last edited:
No idea and I don't want to know...I don't remember the last time I looked in the freezer.

As long as you know where the cats and the ogre are it's not really important! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Actually, the cats eat on top of the freezer...that's why I have no clue what's in it, too lazy to move everything off to look. As for Shrek, he's in his chair and yes, he is still breathing.;)

Three cashmere sweaters and all my lambswool. I've had an infestation of moths and freezing kills the eggs and larvae.
:LOL::LOL:When I used to card and spin obsessively, I always had not only a pillowcase with a fleece or two in the freezer, but paper bags/pillowcases of dog hair, llama, cashmere, alpaca, angora...you name the fiber, I probably had it in my freezer at some time or another. Now, this was a dedicated "fiber" freezer. I also froze dog beds when I had foster dogs that had fleas. It does work for moths and fleas. It is just a little hard to explain to those who expect food to be stored in a freezer...but then, you don't want to know what is stored in freezers at veterinary clinics. Now I wish I still had that freezer so I could put my pillows, sheets, and down quilt in there...even the summer-weight down quilt is too hot to sleep under in the winter at my age (even with the window open when it is -30).

Note to self: Do NOT eat at Mad Cook's or CWS's places. Especially if they look in their freezers.

Last edited:
@Kayelle, I have OCD by association,
I have a dry-erase board from the dollar store atop the freezer outside :stuart:

In the side-by-side freezer in the Kitchen:
(1) 6.5lb bag of Costco Chicken b/s thighs
(1) half-pint homeamde Raspberry Vodka
(2) 2 C. containers of homemade Chicken broth
Banana Leaves
(2) packages Udon noodles
1lb ground Lamb
1lb ground Veal
(3) packages Edamame in pods
TJ's Pork Roast Florentine
Fresh Ginger Root
Fresh Bread Crumbs
Grated Coconut
Sliced Lemons & Limes
Assorted Nuts for Baking

The 6 sqft. Chest Freezer out in the Garage:
(2) Liter bottles of Homemade Limoncello for Mom's Christmas gift
3 different types of Homemade soups
More Chicken broth
(2) ziptopbags w/6 sliced Red Peppers
(3) ziptopbags w/2 C. Fresh Green Beans
(3) more bags of Costco Chicken thighs
(4) Hot & Mild Hawaiian Portuguese Sausages
(4) Kamaboko
1lb bag Cooked & Chopped Tako (Octopus)
1 package Veggie Lumpia
(4) portions of Homemade Pizza Dough
7# unsalted Butter

A guy who refused my offer....
Marlon-Brando-in-The-Godf-001.jpg

Hmmm....I just cleaned and rearranged mine a couple of weeks ago so I think I pretty much remember what's in there...

A few pounds of chicken thighs and drums
A chuck roast
Ground beef
TJ's breaded cod for fish tacos :)
Salmon
Corn
Peas
Edamame
Smashed strawberries and mango for smoothies
Blueberries
Mashed 'taters
Pecans
Almonds
Butter
A few different kinds of bread
Usually ice cream, but I'm out :(
Ice cubes :ROFLMAO:

I think that's about it. :LOL:

Since we just went to Costco a week or so ago, I have a good idea as to whats in there.
However, I realized how stupid I was to replace my upright freezer with a chest freezer.
I wish I had thought about having to dig for items.
The bad part is, freezers last a very long time. So I will live with a messy freezer.
I have thought about organizing it, but that would be a total waste of time since I defrosted it just before we went to Costco and its already a pile of frozen blocks.

Live and learn. Chest freezers are not a good idea unless you put very little in there.

Back
Top Bottom