What's In Your JUNK Drawer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, my junk drawer. Let's see.

I have recipes I haven't gotten on to cards yet, some odd screws, bolts, and nuts that don't fit anything, 6 copper measuring cups I keep swearing I'm going to clean up and sell some day, a mini rack, my hand beater, pencils, pens, batteries, thumb tacks, a set of Allen wrenches, those scraper thingys for turning bread, some shipping tape so when I send presents at Christmas I'll know where to find it, a screw driver and a hammer (or are those in my dollhouse junk drawer - I can't remember now), all the booklets that came with the kitchen gadgets, my tape recorder (don't ask, I don't know why), and seeds, special dirt in sealed packages, and small containers for growing the seeds that I got a while back and never set out because there's no place to put them here.

And other various small things rattling around that I hear whenever the drawer is opened.

My scissors are in with the knives and potato peeler next to the silverware and my flashlight is now hanging on a hook that I put into the cabinet next to my bed. That's just in case of earthquakes and if I have to find my way out of my room if all the power has gone out. I also carry a small flashlight in my purse, a habit carried over from the rolling brownouts I experienced in California. Nothing like being stuck in the back of a dark store when one of those happen!

Last edited:
Humorous post .. Thank you Andy.

Well more or less the same as everyone else.

In my home office:
Travel phamplets / Brochures.
Office supplies: Pads, pens, erasers, pencils and sharpeners, colored markers, highlighters, batteries for the Mouse, staplers and staples, clips, recycled paper, post its, White Out Corrective Fluid, measuring tape, a ruler, convention brochures, maps, notes, and small foreign language dictionaries.

Have a lovely day.

Last edited:
I actually have a junk sewing desk - 3 drawers hold all sorts of assorted goodies, the cabinet without shelves holds notebooks and diabetic supplies that I don't need at the moment.

So I cleaned my junk desk ( this is my computer desk, but one corner is junk). 2 pairs of scissors, lots of hairties, 1 toy badger, yarn balls, a bra, important papers, two sandwiches , glitter, 4 hearts and lots of gold stars and something I dont know what is was or is.

Well, I don't have a junk drawer at the moment as there wasn't room for one in the kitchen (I have 4 utensil drawers where I only had two at the other place but it is so nice to have things accessible!).

So the contents sit in a box waiting for space to open up. The contents are
- scissors
- appliance manuals
- a small container with twist ties, bread clips, etc.
- a couple of small pads of paper
- 2 packages of (different sized) plastic straws.

We have a small table at the front door that contains take-out menus, Violet's "bags", a small shoe-shine kit for TB, lint brush and a flashlight.

I'd bet most of us have a junk drawer in the kitchen where we keep all the odds and ends of "stuff" that we need from time to time that are not specifically food/cooking related.

In my junk drawer, I have:

pens and pads of paper
pencils and a sharpener
Sharpies
white board marker
twist ties
band-aids
finger cots
calculator
take-out menus
masking and scotch tapes
combination screwdriver
pliers
utility knife
very small flashlight
post-its
oven and tracklight bulbs
Tums
eyeglass repair kit
allen wrench
faucet wrench
bag clips
push pins

and probably a few more things but I don't feel like getting up and walking around the counter to look.

What's In Your Wallet? . . . I mean junk drawer

Wow, that must be one big drawer to hold all that junk! ;)

We have a small drawer in the kitchen that contains:

Various Device recharging cords
A stand alone GPS for the car
a small pencil basket containing pens, assorted business cards, Alligator clips and a very small flashlight
DH's wallet, car keys and Eyeglasses
That's it ...
:)

Last edited:
Wow, that's one big drawer to hold all that junk!

We have a small drawer in the kitchen that contains:

Various Device recharging cords
A stand alone GPS for the car
a small pencil basket containing pens, assorted business cards, Alligator clips and a very small flashlight
DH's wallet, car keys and Eyeglasses
That's it ...
:)

Just your standard kitchen drawer.

My ex-wife got all the junk drawer contents in the divorce. The boxes were easy to pack, although rather noisy. She got the attic full of Christmas decorations, too. I got them out of the attic all by myself, too. Well, gravity helped.

CD

Back
Top Bottom