What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As pretty much every American made movie I've seen have taken "a poetic licence" in production, I am sure so did this one. I actually have not seen it. And the fact that the lost lives could not have been saved at that particular moment, I do not have any doubts about that. However the honor of our embassador (who was rapped and burned with a catlle prod) and his life and lives of other could have been saved, would powers that eb have done what they supposed to have done prior to the incident.
Sad story no matter what, no matter how you look at it.

None of that is true, Charlie. It was certainly a tragedy, but it can be a dangerous job. The makers of that movie were not just taking poetic license; they deliberately misrepresented what happened in order to present a false, inflammatory narrative.

From http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stevens.asp

"A Libyan doctor who treated Stevens said he died of severe asphyxiation, apparently from smoke. In a sign of the chaos of during the attack, Stevens was brought alone by Libyans to the Benghazi Medical Center with no other Americans, and no one at the facility knew who he was, the doctor, Ziad Abu Zeid, told The Associated Press.*

"Stevens was practically dead when he arrived close to*1 a.m.,*but "we tried to revive him for an hour and a half but with no success," Abu Zeid said. The ambassador had bleeding in his stomach because of the asphyxiation but no other injuries, he said."

That article has much more information that's well worth reading.

Had a romantic evening with my husband..... we cant do romance at all, we watched The Grey and yeah, weird film about oil riggers and weird wolfs.

My son finally set up and showed me how to access NetFlix. So after nearly a week being afraid to turn it on - I got brave last night. Figured I better figure out my free month before it was up!:ermm:

Then I sent him the following message-

"Ok... here's the deal... if you have not heard from me in 3 days, pls some out and pull the plug on the TV, slap me outta my trance and spoon some chicken soup down my throat. (Expletive...)
Oh yeah, and please feed the geese and try to resuscitate Maya (dog)."

I know htere are a lot of pros and cons to NetFlix but folks... please let me have my wallowing until the trance wears off...

We just watched the latest Star Trek movie. I don't think it was my favourite of this (so far) trilogy. But it wasn't bad.

I did like the chats between Bones and Spock. That was brilliant casting on both accounts. I see a lot of similarities to the originals when they are together.

We just watched the latest Star Trek movie. I don't think it was my favourite of this (so far) trilogy. But it wasn't bad.

I did like the chats between Bones and Spock. That was brilliant casting on both accounts. I see a lot of similarities to the originals when they are together.

Same feeling exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

img_1486986_0_d41260bcc16f42fc7594f3e3f1e7b4dc.jpeg

You know that movie is fiction and not a documentary, right? It doesn't portray what actually happened.
I actually listened to a interview on the radio night before last. They had a guy on that was actually there. He consulted with the producers of the movie. I didn't catch his name I missed the very beginning. Even though it is fiction it pretty much went down just like the movie portrays.

This is the last I am going to say about that I don't want to start a political debate.

Watched Gravity last night. Maybe I don't understand the rating system Xfinity has. It had like 90% and 85 %, maybe they meant it is 90% total garbage. Though I would give whole 100% garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

A Sea of Trees

If you are the kind of person that loves scenery, trees, walking through a forest, a person's internal struggle with grief, with loneliness, all kinds of normal feelings, you might like this movie.

If you are the kind of person that like tanks, war, helicopters, shooting, gory, killing, loud music, shocking scenes, horror, blood, suspense, you might not like this movie.

I loved this movie, it had a good ending, it was a lovely movie, I'd watch it again anytime.

DH and I went to see a late matinee of Moana. What a beautiful movie. We both absolutely loved it. Sort of our thing as we both love being in the ocean.

I watched The Wrestler today. I liked it very much. Gritty, harsh, and well directed. Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei look like they were made for the parts.

I've watched so many movies today that I can't remember them all.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Magnificent Seven
Deja Vu
The Good Dinosaur
John Dies at the End
Sweet Home Alabama
SW: The Force Awakens...

Unfortunately, I tuned in just to hear the bell ring for Clarence get his wings on "It's A Wonderful Life"

Over at CMT.com they now have up for free a 2016 award winning documentary that you can watch. The documentary is called Chicken People...

Chicken People: Full Episode | CMT

The documentary looks at the world of chicken shows. Just like the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show for the people that just love dogs we have a group of people that are just as dedicated or just nuts for chicken.

The documentary looks at three different contestants as they get ready for the big 2015 Ohio competition. Shari McCollough that has loads of chickens she takes care of. Brian Caraker who has help from his family as his day job is a singer in Branson Missouri. And finally Brian Knox that works with a tractor pulling team who breads loads of chickens.

One thing I loved in this documentary was the animated illustrations. They really looked nice and gave me more information than I really knew on a chicken. One thing I learned is we had loads of different breads of chicken.

You could really tell those three contestants fully care about chicken. Brian Knox fully knows who the grandparents are of each chicken he has using a number system in an attempt to create the perfect looking chicken.

The judges in the competition were brutal. They were so nitpicky. I could not tell what was the best looking chicken was, but the judges were so picky on a chicken being off colored or not enough hair on head of the silkie chicken.

I certainly give this documentary a big thumbs up and is a must see.

Interesting, Kleenex. While I could watch dog shows for days, and could even squeeze in a cat show, I've never heard of a chicken show.

Back
Top Bottom