What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching the Unbreakable trilogy...Unbreakable, Split and Glass. The more I watch these movies the more intrigued I am.

We have just completed a fun week of watching B and C westerns on Netflix..
One a day after the noon news, which isn't fun..

The 'fun' isn't so much the movies themselves but, the laughter we have commenting on the writing, directing and acting in them.. Its been a fun week.. :LOL:

Ross

For a Short period of time HBO.com is giving away some stuff you can watch for FREE

they say it is around 500 hours of free content.

Since HBO was giving away stuff for free I watched one of the free shows and thought it was fun watch.

I binged watched the McMillion$ 6 part documentary.

If you want to see a super detailed look at how one guy fully ruined the McDonald's Monopoly game this documentary is for you.

From the start of the investigation, to seeing the FBI investigation in action, then onto the big arrests, The trial, to finally finding out how simple it was to steal the game pieces and finally the aftermath of the whole thing you get it all.

This documentary had all the interviews you needed to listen to, including million dollar winners, A major person from Simon Marketing, and people from Dittler Brother printing.

This wound up being so fun to watch as it was fully engrossing.

OK...Shelter in Place has us watching movies we would not normally choose.. :ermm:

Yesterday we watched, on Prime, Troop Zero..

In rural 1977 Georgia, a misfit girl dreams of life in outer space. When a competition offers her a chance to be recorded on NASA's Golden Record, she recruits a makeshift troop of Birdie Scouts, forging friendships that last a lifetime.
Stars: Mckenna Grace, Viola Davis, Jim Gaffigan

I am amazed with how much we enjoyed it.. (maybe being closed in helps.. ;) )

Anyway, so different than our more serious movie preferences..

The young lead, Mckenna Grace, was marvelous.. :)

Ross

Since all our libraries are closed due to the virus situation, I'm out of luck without having any audio books. I love them as my entertainment as I work in my studio.

As an alternate, I've been looking/listening to movies. Some of which we have and others that are part of our Netflix stuff.

Today I began the 1957 movie, "The Bridge over the River Kwai."

I'd seen it MANY years ago, but I am more appreciative of seeing it again as I understand history a little better.

Interesting.

Since all our libraries are closed due to the virus situation, I'm out of luck without having any audio books. I love them as my entertainment as I work in my studio...
Have you checked online to see if your library offers e-audio books? Himself has listened to books online just as if he were listening to a radio station or a youtube video. Might be a way to keep up with your audio book list.

Since all our libraries are closed due to the virus situation, I'm out of luck without having any audio books. I love them as my entertainment as I work in my studio.
Cooking Goddess said:
Have you checked online to see if your library offers e-audio books? Himself has listened to books online just as if he were listening to a radio station or a youtube video. Might be a way to keep up with your audio book list.

I can, but rarely do "borrow" downloads from Memphis Public Library through Overdrive.com. Occasionally I've looked for a specific book that was not available but a couple of weeks after requesting it online through the library, I get an email saying it is now available and reserved for me.

Every week I permanently download 5 free music files from the library through FreegalMusic.com. There is a fairly long list of audiobooks available on Freegal also.

If you go to the Amazon SXSW page and wanted to look at short that is fully worth the roughly 15 minutes to watch I would certainly look at Quilt Fever.

I say it could have been ever longer as it was so much fun to watch and look at.

This documentary short is on a real quilting competition that takes place in Kentucky and the people that win awards.

Affurmative Action is a super short watch and just says why not enough love for cats???

I will say Dieorama was real fun. Some real good work done by Abigail Goldman for her pieces.

All the movies are free though May 6 and I will look at something else this weekend.

I had some time today to look at a long form piece from the Amazon SXSW thing called My Darling Vivian

If you want to see the story of Vivian Liberto, Johnny Cash’s first wife and the mother of his four daughters this is a very solid watch. This lasted 90 minutes long and was very highly produced with interviews from her kids along with never-before-seen footage and photographs of Johnny Cash and Rosanne Cash for starters

Himself was scrolling through movies with his Roku tonight and suggested that we watch something. We settled on "And So It Goes", an older (2014) movie starring Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton. Arrogant real estate widower, sad and lonely widow. The movie was much funnier than that set-up. We both enjoyed this short one (about 1 1/2 hours).

OK...Shelter in Place has us watching movies we would not normally choose.. :ermm:

Yesterday we watched, on Prime, Troop Zero..

In rural 1977 Georgia, a misfit girl dreams of life in outer space. When a competition offers her a chance to be recorded on NASA's Golden Record, she recruits a makeshift troop of Birdie Scouts, forging friendships that last a lifetime.
Stars: Mckenna Grace, Viola Davis, Jim Gaffigan

I am amazed with how much we enjoyed it.. (maybe being closed in helps.. ;) )

Anyway, so different than our more serious movie preferences..

The young lead, Mckenna Grace, was marvelous.. :)

Ross

Ross, I know this comment was made last month, but remember I was "in hiding" then and I just now saw this post. I'll check that flick out to be sure.

Thought I'd mention when we were "in hiding" we re-watched Unbroken on Prime. We both really liked it when it was in the theaters. Good for the times when we all need to be inspired by bravery and resilience. If you haven't seen it, I think you both will be impressed.

I learned today, that since theaters will be closed till who-knows-when, Fandango is offering first run movies, in your home for less than the cost of theater tickets for two......THAT makes me really happy, and I sure hope CherylJ (my dear movie friend) sees this. Bless her heart, she's been afraid to go back into her earthquake damaged little theater, way before the pandemic. By the way as you know, the term "bless her heart" is a sincere wish here in Cali. ;):cool:

I know I won't be going to ours before a vaccine is found for all..

A local discount movie theater is now offering popcorn to go. Pretty good stuff by the handful to mouth. Real butter. They also have virtual movies, pay $6-12 per movie for what looks like art house/ documentaries. Receive activation link. Probably won't do that. Will go back to that movie theater when it re- opens. 2nd week less busy matinee showings of movies that have already been 1st run features = sparse attendance so it's a good bet for social distancing au natural. Ok, you have to wear pants, unlike at home. Regular price is $2, a buck fifty for seniors. Popcorn is about $2 for large. I see they have a surcharge for to go popcorn. Why yes, we make popcorn at home. Theirs is Worth it.
--

I finally finished the Schitt's Creek Canadian TV series on IMDB. They have one more season not yet released. Eugene Levy, son Daniel Levy, Catherine OHara ( shades of the ole SCTV shows. Kept my interest and me laughing through 13 x 5 years 30 minute episodes. ( didn't do math and you don't have to either.)

Last edited:
Will go back to that movie theater when it re- opens. 2nd week less busy matinee showings of movies that have already been 1st run features = sparse attendance so it's a good bet for social distancing au natural. Ok, you have to wear pants, unlike at home. Regular price is $2, a buck fifty for seniors. Popcorn is about $2 for large. I see they have a surcharge for to go popcorn.
ohhh nooooo..the mind pictures.

Ross, I know this comment was made last month, but remember I was "in hiding" then and I just now saw this post. I'll check that flick out to be sure.

Thought I'd mention when we were "in hiding" we re-watched Unbroken on Prime. We both really liked it when it was in the theaters. Good for the times when we all need to be inspired by bravery and resilience. If you haven't seen it, I think you both will be impressed.

Unbroken was very good.. :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom