What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You really can gauge a movie's worthiness by how long it takes me to fall asleep. If I make it all of the way through, it is obviously over-the-top awesome. :LOL:

Movie critics and such have nothing on me. ;)

I've set out to watch the Star Wars movies in chronological order.

I started at Episode I and have watched through Episode VII. Two more to go.
There are only three true Star Wars movies.

The rest are just cash grabbing pablum.

That being said, enjoy. Lol.

I've been so very busy lately,
I haven't watched much of any thing.
But this past week I did watch:

Cinderella The Movie - it was just okay
Peter Rabbit - meh
Bad Santa - really bad movie - don't bother!

I wanted to watch Let Him Go with Kevin Costner and Diane Lane,
but howdy-dowdy! It's $19.99 just to RENT the dang movie!
I'll wait ...

We stream all of our video watching on our TV,
we no longer have regular "tv" and we haven't
been to a movie house since we were selling our home
in Southern Arizona, back in 2015-2016, and had to out of the Open Houses.

From what I'm understanding, with the craziness
of 2020, that's how most folks are watching movies now...
Stream it ... not go to the movie house ... which is
fine by me. I'd rather lounge on our comfy sofa
in my PJ's with the snack and adult beverage of my choice
[emoji38]
I have noticed that. 20 bucks to rent a movie is insane. I understand that they are theater run movies and would be more at a theater, especially with a family and food, etc.

However, 20 bucks is still a lot. 10 and I would rent every once in a while. 20, probably never.

Watched E.T. last night with my son and grandchildren. My son was about 7 when he saw it in the theater. Says his older sister took him, I don't even remember! LOL
One grandson "sort'a" liked it, a little slow. The younger was upset with the music making it more 'scary' for him and went off to play on the 'puter.

I actually understood how he felt, - he kept thinking it was the movie 'IT', which he's never seen but knows it is a really scary movie... and the music wasn't helping. I tried to re-assure him Gramma would never watch it if scary, to which my son laughed and said that was absolutely true!

I use my son as a quick reference, rather than IMDB, as in - "Son, should I watch this movie that's on?" reply... "No, mom, it has blah, blah, blah in it" ... "OK, thanks, bye" and Mom changes the channel.

Started watching the movie series on Netflix "You"
Kind of a sugar coated Dexter series'. We're on season 2. It's a little disturbing but it makes you want to keep watching it.

I have noticed that. 20 bucks to rent a movie is insane. I understand that they are theater run movies and would be more at a theater, especially with a family and food, etc.

However, 20 bucks is still a lot. 10 and I would rent every once in a while. 20, probably never.

That's what DH said too Vinyl !!
"Twenty bucks? what are they nuts? I'm not buying the dang movie!" :LOL:
Our movie house is $5/Senior and I stash our snacks in my over-sized handbag as well two bottles of water ... that has served us well in the past. But like I said, we haven't gone to watch a movie at the theatre since 2015/2016.
I do understand that one the places here in Cowboyville has a bar as well :ohmy: and with the way that folks wear their PJ's and fuzzy slippers to the market, I suppose I could do that in the theatre too :wacko::ermm::ROFLMAO:

If you want to look at something that appeared at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival why not take a look at The Mole Agent. This is about a guy that goes undercover at a nursing home. This piece is fully English subtitled as you are going to need it.

The Mole Agent | POV | PBS

We enjoyed The Dig on Netflix, today.

The Dig is a drama film directed by Simon Stone, based on the 2007 novel of the same name by John Preston, which reimagines the events of the 1939 excavation of Sutton Hoo. It stars Carey Mulligan, Ralph Fiennes, Lily James, Johnny Flynn, Ben Chaplin, Ken Stott, Archie Barnes and Monica Dolan. Wikipedia

Ross

We saw two movies last week. Both based on tru stories. Was very interesting. First one was Dark Waters, 2019, and the second one The Dig, 2021.
First is about the fight against DuPont.
Second an archeological excavation, that was done practically by one man. England, 1939.
No sex, no violence, and yet very captivating. Very well made.

Just watched the Bohemian Rhapsody Movie and I did like it. I can easily see how Rami was so worth of the major award nominations he got for that roll.

If you want to look at a documentary on the 9to5 movement started by a bunch of women in the 1970's in Boston this documentary is for you:

https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/9to5-the-story-of-a-movement/

They have it up on the website until March 3rd.

You certainly do learn a whole lot about the movement that did go nationwide only to wind up going poof in the end. This documentary is really nicely done and could get an Oscar nomination.

We watched Unhinged last night.

It was for rent for $6 or for buy for $5. So we can watch it as much as we want now.

Just watched the Bohemian Rhapsody Movie and I did like it. I can easily see how Rami was so worth of the major award nominations he got for that roll.

Somehow Rami robs me in the wrong way, I don’t like him, don’t like to watch anything with him in it, but he did great job. Movie was very good.

Today we enjoyed, on Netflix

The Professor and the Madman (2019) - IMDb
www.imdb.com
Directed by Farhad Safinia. With Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Eddie Marsan, Natalie Dormer.
Professor James Murray begins work compiling words for the first edition of the Oxford English Dictionary in the mid-19th century, and receives over 10,000 entries from a patient at Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum, Dr. William Minor.

We felt it to be well done and well acted.

Ross

Today we enjoyed, on Netflix

The Professor and the Madman (2019) - IMDb
www.imdb.com
Directed by Farhad Safinia. With Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Eddie Marsan, Natalie Dormer.
Professor James Murray begins work compiling words for the first edition of the Oxford English Dictionary in the mid-19th century, and receives over 10,000 entries from a patient at Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum, Dr. William Minor.

We felt it to be well done and well acted.

Ross

We enjoyed that one.

Just watched Radium Girls on Netflix.

Early in the 20th century, women work at the U.S. Radium Factory, painting glow in the dark watches, unaware of the dangers of working with radium.

IMO, this is very well done. An enjoyable cast, I'm not familiar with.

Ross

The next Documentary I saw that you can watch for free for a limited time is called:

Mr. SOUL!

I say this is a must see look at the TV show called SOUL! which was mainly hosted by Ellis Haizlip in the last 60's to early 70's. If you did not even know this show existed now you will. This was certainly a show that was ahead of its time. It had the hot stars and some controversial figures on it as well. Ellis Haizlip was an interesting character for sure.

https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/mr-soul/

Back
Top Bottom