What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched Arrival. I have only one question, if somebody, or something points its finger/tentacle to something, wouldn't it not be a natural instinct to look at whatever it is the being is pointing to?
And also, why is it aliens are always some sort of "octopus"?
Not bad.

"Hateship Loveship" on Netflix Instant -- cool little movie about an odd woman who gets hired on to take care of a guy and his grand daughter.

We went to see the new Beauty and the Beast yesterday, St Paddy's day. The movie is filmed somewhat like a broadway play, which I think works very well for a musical and what should be a familiar story. If you see this, stay for the end credits because it has extra new songs tacked on.

During a dramatic part, a little girl in the audience cried out very loudly "Oh No!" I guess she was really drawn into the movie. We chuckled after and decided that means the movie was a success. 2+2+2 (incl little girl) = 6 thumbs up.

Just finished watching The NeverEnding Story and had forgotten how captivating it was. It was interesting viewing it after having experienced movies made with today's technology. Compared to some more recent ones, the effects were quite rudimentary but I still loved it.

Having a fantasy fest...Labyrinth is in the DVD player now. Do so love David Bowie...any way he's served.:angel: He did, I think, a fabulous job in this movie.

We watched Lawrence of Arabia. I forgot that it was four hours long. The first time I saw it was in a movie theatre. At least they had an intermission. But not tonight. Pirate was mesmerized with it. He had never seen it. It was on Retro channel. They usually show four star movies.

We watched Lawrence of Arabia. I forgot that it was four hours long. The first time I saw it was in a movie theatre. At least they had an intermission. But not tonight. Pirate was mesmerized with it. He had never seen it. It was on Retro channel. They usually show four star movies.

A true movie epic. Charter Communications recently bought out Time Warner and now I have to buy another "tier" block of channels to get Retro. Probably another $9.99 a month. Grinds my gears. My monthly bill hasn't gone up as they promised, but they're making me have to buy another package for what was included for free in a previous channel package. That's pretty crafty if you ask me. It grinds my gears.

Last edited:
... now I have to buy another "tier" block of channels to get Retro. Probably another $9.99 a month...
Depending on how far you are from the stations transmitting towers, you can pick Retro up over the free airwaves. We have a six-foot (maybe 8?) outdoor antenna in our attic. We're about 50 air miles from most of the stations' transmitting towers and can pull in scads of stations. In the long run, it might be cheaper to piggy-back an antenna onto your home system and not have to buy up a tier. They might not have increased your monthly fee now, but they'll get ya eventually.

Depending on how far you are from the stations transmitting towers, you can pick Retro up over the free airwaves. We have a six-foot (maybe 8?) outdoor antenna in our attic. We're about 50 air miles from most of the stations' transmitting towers and can pull in scads of stations. In the long run, it might be cheaper to piggy-back an antenna onto your home system and not have to buy up a tier. They might not have increased your monthly fee now, but they'll get ya eventually.

Spike is so smart when it comes to stuff like that. We have a cell phone tower right outside my window. It is on the median strip on Route One. One day last summer I saw the Comcast truck parked right there and up the pole attaching something. I think they are renting space on the tower. Spike's home is wired up to get channels I never even heard of. My bill is for the Internet and the TV. I am seriously thinking of asking Spike to do me up like he has in his house. And probably your house CG. I am tired of giving them so much of my money.

Bridge of Spies, I watched it at least 3 times. So interesting and well done. The cold war, spies, the 1960's, the fear mongering. A really quality movie and who might expect less from Hanks and Spielberg? Not me!

Thanks for the recommendation. I have it on the list. Spike bought me a DVR about two years ago, and I have never learned how to use it. He gets the movies from the library and then starts them for me. I really need to learn all this new technology that comes into my home.

So the next movie I am going to be watching is Bridge of Spies. And I am going to learn how to load that DVR and start to watch the movies I want.

I'm watching Samurai Gourmet on Netflix. It's a series of short Japanese stories centered around this recent retiree and his passion for food. I can relate to the main character's ponderings as I've lived in Japan for many years and have frequented eateries like those in these stories.

Bridge of Spies, I watched it at least 3 times. So interesting and well done. The cold war, spies, the 1960's, the fear mongering. A really quality movie and who might expect less from Hanks and Spielberg? Not me!

Really liked that movie.

I love Amy Adams. Just watched Nocturnal Animals. I guess she is in such demand that they stick her in every movie possible. The movie did keep me on the edge of the seat, if only they could get rid off the beginning and the end.

Last edited:
Really liked that movie.

I love Amy Adams. Just watched Nocturnal Animals. I guess she is in such demand that they stick her in every movie possible. The movie did keep me on the edge of the seat, if only they could get rid off the beginning and the end.

I want to see that one, Nocturnal Animals. We usually wait pretty long before we see a movie or buy one. If it is a fantastic movie, we'll buy it. I might find 5 movies I buy in a year, DH buys lots more movies. Last time we checked our spreadsheet of dvd's we had about 600. Kind of ridiculous I'm sure.

I just got through watching the miniseries "When We Rise". So sad in some parts that I needed some tissues, yet so funny in other parts that I almost spit out my coffee laughing so hard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom