What's your all-time favorite movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Recipes Make Magic

Senior Cook
The one you've watched at least 2, 3, or more times ?

You may think this is a strange choice, but mine is "A Few Good Men" - with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson - I think I've watched it 4, maybe 5 times.

Quote, from Tom Cruise to Jack Nicholson near the end of the movie, remember ? :

" Don't call me son, I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States Navy, and you're under arrest, you son of a b....."

I seldom watch a movie more than once.. I know that I have but, the only one I can think of as a constant is Pulp Fiction.. I can and do watch that 3 or 4 times a year..

Ross

Yes, for Out of Africa, African Queen, and Driving Miss Daisy !!

Ah, nostalgia returns..... I especially liked these movies:

- The Godfather-
- Lawrence of Arabia
- The Silence of the Lambs
- Braveheart
- Shindler's List
- Bridge on the River Kwai
- The Sting
- Rain Man -
- The Dirty Dozen-
- The Magnificent Seven

but there are many others too - too many to name

Last edited:
That's a tough one, but the top ones are all comedies. Blazing Saddles is up there, and Cat Ballou I'm sure I watched more than any other, because it was on all the time when I was growing up. And The Odd Couple was another classic that came to mind, with that scene that I'll never forget, when Oscar makes the mistake of calling the pasta spaghetti, and Felix gets that snooty look on his face, and replies "It's not spaghetti, it's linguini." And Oscar throws it against the wall in the kitchen and replies "It's garbage now!" I started laughing just thinking about that scene!

Gosh....hard to pick just one as well, so I'll choose 5.:LOL:

The ones that come to mind are:
Gone With The Wind (because it was controversial for it's time, and I love the period costumes...I have the DVD) :)
Somewhere In Time (love that one too and also have it on DVD)
Shawshank Redemption (love to see a good guy win) :LOL:
Dances With Wolves (have always been fascinated with the Native American culture)
Tombstone (I love westerns)

A hard question to answer! I can't think of every one, but among my favorites (I know they're favorites because I have watched them over and over):

Continental Divide
All That Jazz
Please Don't Eat the Daisies
The In-Laws (1979)
Clue
The Importance of Being Earnest (1952)

My favorite in 3 genres
Romance-Casablanca
Musical-Showboat
Techno thriller- Hunt for Red October- I even know the Russian dialog LOL

The one you've watched at least 2, 3, or more times ?...
I'm not much of a movie watcher, so just watching one once is a big deal! :LOL: However, my all-time, multi-watched, I-practically-can-read-lines-right-along-with-the-character movies is the original "The Wizard of Oz". I want to be Glinda when I grow up. That is a movie I've re-watched purposefully. I've also sat through several viewings of "Chicago". I'm a sucker for theatre.

Then there are the movies I've like the first time, and if they come around again and I'm feeling lazy I'll watch them again. "Chef" is one. Another is "Dave". Of course "Casablanca" and "Gone With the Wind" fall into this category. I'm sure there are a few others, but I can't remember them right now.

I don't usually watch movies multiple times. The exception are concert films.

My favorites:
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Woodstock
The Band - The Last Waltz
Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii
Nirvana - Unplugged
White Strips - Under Great White Northern Lights
Amy Winehouse - London 2007

Back
Top Bottom