What's Your Travel Bucket List Look Like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
So we started to talk about our Travel Bucket List
in this other thread:
https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/never-have-i-ever-101714-3.html#post1643364

... and I was thinking that this would make for a great
conversation of it's own!

Here's how it all started:

31.jpg

I loaded this list form, oh, I can't remember where I found it,
but I marked off where I had NOT been to as yet.

How's about you?
Where would you like to go?
And it really doesn't need to be in the US,
why not think global?

Of course this conversation is purely for entertainment sake.
In today's World, we're not going anywhere for a while :glare:
but it's fun to dream, isn't it? :sorcerer:

Bucket List? Don't really have one at my age and health...72 and riddled with "Arthur." I traveled a lot when I was much younger, Europe, etc., and enjoy reliving the memories.

At any rate, I'm living my Bucket List. I have a wonderful husband who loves and takes great care of me. We have a fantastic house, 11 acres of woodland property and a 1-acre pond shaded by lots of trees, along with plenty of food to feed us and pets that make us happy and entertain us every day.

Don't need much more!!

The only place that I haven't been that is calling me is Sápmi, the Saami homeland. I have been close, but never actually in Sápmi. I have family there that I would love to meet. It's in the north of the Scandinavian peninsula, in four countries: Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia.

I'd like to go to Alaska via a cruise ship.

We looked into it back when (about 10 years ago)
and it was WAY too expensive.
With all of the add-ons, I priced it out at around $10,000
for the two of us with a balcony suite.

Prior to the pandemic, I wanted to go on a cruise ship so badly. (I have never taken a cruise on a big ship!) Since the pandemic, unsure. It has lost some of its sparkle.

Wow on the Alaskan cruise price! Was it because of the room you selected?

Kathleen, we were looking at Princess Cruise Line,
with a balcony room and then all of the add-ons,
such as day trips in the different ports; at the time
you could also add-on unlimited drinks, either adult or
otherwise ;)
You even have to pay for bottled Water! :glare:
And don't forget all of the photos that they take of you...

We took a short cruise only once and we knew that
the standard room wasn't going to work (way to small), and we
sorta knew what to expect... $$$$$$

So instead of the Cruise, we took a month long car trip

https://goo.gl/maps/qUQguaVDut21XYzn9

THAT was fun!

The car trip sounds great. Personally, I get grumpy when I am nickeled and dimed to death on vacation. I like to pay and not worry about it. A month long car trip? Even better!

I have already been to 48 states and parts of Canada. Just want to go back and wander around instead of being on a schedule. Definitely hit Mesa Verde.
Ultimate trips would be winter in Alaska then RV trip across Canada. Coast to coast. Then a trip across Australia. Id like to see the Mayan ruins in the Yucatan. If there is time I want travel around Europe. While I'm there just as well take a boat across the Mediterranean and see the pyramids in Egypt.

*BUMP*

In the past few days, DH and I have been seeing more
and more ads for travel again.
We started to discuss where and what we'd like to do
once everything "opens back up" again.
Right now, we're teasing ourselves with visions
of going from AZ to Hawaii, stay for a week with his
older Sister, on to Tahiti, Moorea for a week and then
back to Hawaii for another week.

PHEW!

That would be some serious coin!!!

This is where I'd like to stay :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS7Vcm_XDqM

Of course, it may be another year before this could even be a dream!

Last edited:
We did our first trip since vaccination to New Orleans. New Orleans isn't quite back to normal yet, people aren't traveling in full force yet and staffing is a huge issue, so many places were only open limited hours. We still had a FANTASTIC time as we usually do together.

On the way home, stopped in Atlanta for a couple nights and visited the botanical gardens, they were magnificent, so incredibly beautiful. We had a delicious lunch there.

Only bad thing is later that evening we were involved in a car accident, sitting at a light and got rear ended. No injuries thankfully but the car doesn't look good and we drove 6 hours home with the trunk tied down with a USB charging cord, lol! Now to fight with the other person's insurance. It might be worth the deductible just to sick my insurance company on them, we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom