What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The rain total for yesterday and today finished at 1.95" overnight. Some bad wind, too - didn't damage any plants, i t seems, but some of the pepper's stakes broke off, and they were leaning. I fixed those, and any tomatoes that were sort of going the wrong way. Today seems the first nice day for a while, with lower humidity and only forecast for 84°. And the 7 day forecast only had one day in the 90s, but I'll believe that when it happens. This is the end of July, when it usually gets worse here.

It started raining about when they said it would - 3 pm - but I think it stopped already. In just a little over 10 minutes it rained .22". There was thunder for about 30 minutes before, and it was black north of here, but only that little part nipped my area. I have a feeling they got some flooding up there! I'm still hearing thunder, and seeing lights flickering, and it's still dark up there. Looking at the radar, it looks like more, even heavier coming later, and some centered here. This was just a "teaser".

A lot of us are keeping an eye on the radar. The other day we got a downpour in the western part of Montreal Island, but friends more centrally located and further east, got drops or nothing.

The second storm came through about 4:15 pm, and I got even more, and very quickly again. It stopped just after 15 minutes, and the total went up to .67". Still, not as much as many of the areas those storm fronts came through, and many had hail, and much stronger winds, so I was lucky.

We have been getting haze from wild fires in Northern Ontario and Quebec. The stuff further south, on the East Coast of the US is actually from the wild fires out west.

It was pretty nice here today.

It has been raining in the mornings. Then it stops and sometimes clears up, other times no. (like today)

Still, the A/C is running right now at about a buck an hour and maybe a wee bit more.

If you got A/C that is decades old and it ever starts putting out less, or if your bill goes up - change the capacitor. Most people can do it, three wires.

T

Please be careful outside today. There are some places that are under a Heat Advisory today.

And for all you Harry Potter fans - there is Tropical Storm Fred out in the Caribbean. But don't you worry, George (or Georgette) isn't the next name - it's Grace. Let's just hope that Fred doesn't cause as much mischief and trouble as he did in Howgarts.

It is 74F at the moment. We are under a severe/excessive heat warning for the next several days.
We got a big thunderstorm last night. DD called me and said it looked like the end of the world outside, and she was going to wait a bit before leaving work. She said the rain, lightning and thunder was amazing.

We are continuing our heat wave with warnings to be cautious. Last night, a bit before 10 PM, we had impressive thunder and lightning. We might get a thunderstorm this morning and there is a risk of thunderstorms overnight.

Same here, with the heat wave.:( Dewpoint was 75°, and 91°, last look - absolutely disgusting! We are being told that this is the worst one of the season, with the worst heat index numbers of the season - Sunday is supposed to be the break from the heatwave. Still, nothing like those numbers we kept hearing from out west, earlier in the summer, so I count my blessings! In just 25 minutes in the garden, in the shade, I got soaked, but that AC dried me off quickly!

Last edited:
Heat advisories all week. Not unusual in this neck of the woods though. Guy who wrote the lyrics, "Summertime, and the living is easy" was from Charleston. Not as hot there I bet. ;)

It's 77° with a 58% humidity. Inside. They say it's hot and humid outside. My porch weather monitor says currently 87.4°, 67% humidity. I'll take its word for that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom