What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weather. Several meteorologists up here have commented on how this storm mimicked the one of 30 years ago, the No-Name storm, AKA The Perfect Storm.

At least we didn't end up with about 6 inches of snow and no electricity, which is what happened in 2011. Trick or Treat was delayed a week because of the aftereffects of the storm.
I think he was obliquely referring to climate change ;) I can't imagine that it's still a controversial/political topic.

Temperature is actually rising, nearing midnight - up to 60° now, but it's supposed to level off. Supposed to get to 67° tomorrow. It rained 1.24° here today - more in some areas, less in others, as it was spotty, but the wind was blowing wicked! Sustained winds over 20 mph much of the day, with gusts over 40. Already dropped considerably. Next week lows getting down in the low 40s for the first time this season, and one forecast has a 38° for next Thursday. So I have to get those plants inside for good!

We got our first snow of the season that is more than a few flakes that melt when they hit the ground. It's currently 0°C (32°F) and feels like -5°C (23°F) and snowing. It's going to be below freezing for a number of days. I got Stirling to go into the basement and turn off the outside water. He's tall enough that it's a lot easier for him than for me. I went outside and took the hose off the tap and opened up the tap. A little bit of water dripped out. I emptied the hose a bit. I only emptied as much as was easy. Then I brought it into the house.

Then, I remembered the grates that we forgot to take out of the grill before we put the grill cover on it. We can do that soon, when there isn't snow on the ground. I'll just have to remember.

Last edited:
It's currently 6°C (43°F) and feels like 0°C (32°F). We have wind, winds gusting up to 100 km/hr (62 mph). It's loud. Our power has flickered quite a few times. I have made sure that everything is fully charged: phone, tablet, vape devices, and power banks. Just about all of that just needed topping up.

It got up to 68°, but it wasn't that great out - gray, damp, and windy the whole day. I finally got about 1/4" of rain, and the wind picked up even more! It was supposed to reach around 65 mph in some areas, but it wasn't that around here, yet.

Yesterday saw 90 mph winds and cloudy. Today supposed to be sunny and a lot less wind!

The city came by just the day before the winds to cut down some heavy duty branches hanging over the back yard. Guess they finally took the hint!

A huge branch had fallen in the summer and crushed the trampoline.

We have already gotten snow and a lot of it has melted. We are expecting light snow tomorrow, followed by ice pellets and rain and possible freezing rain. I really don't like freezing rain. I'm really glad that, today we brought in the last of the stuff from outside, that needs to not be under a pile of snow for four or five months.

Having trouble sleeping tonight.

12.15.2021.JPG

It's 82 and partly sunny. Mid-80's all week. It's supposed to cool off next week to the high 70's - which is what we expect for Christmas.

We have just started getting some light snow. We are expecting rain this evening and some sort of mixed precipitation mess with freezing rain or ice pellets or sleet or something this evening for a short while.

Current temperature is -3°(27°F) feels like -9°(16°F).

I hope all of you out there in IA, MO, MN, WS,NB, and KS (and everywhere, for that matter) are staying safe, and are spared any of those tornados from that weather going through there! Unbelievable how widespread this is, and at this time of year. Prayers and positive thoughts for all of you, as well as all those already affected.

Back
Top Bottom