What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Five degrees, five inches of snow, rolling power outages -- 20 minutes on, and 20 minutes off. I have a few minutes of internet access, until the power goes off. Better say goodbye for now, before I get cut off.

CD

Five degrees, five inches of snow, rolling power outages -- 20 minutes on, and 20 minutes off. I have a few minutes of internet access, until the power goes off. Better say goodbye for now, before I get cut off.

CD

Nice to "see" you, CD. That's a fair bit of snow for where you live, isn't it? Stay warm and stay safe.

Not so cold here, -5°C (23°F), with light snow at the moment. We're expecting 15-20 cm (6-8 inches) accumulation, with wind gusts and a bit of freezing rain mixed in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-16 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-16 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 91
Nice to "see" you, CD. That's a fair bit of snow for where you live, isn't it? Stay warm and stay safe.

Power is back on for 20 minutes. The amount of snow is not common, but not record breaking. The temperatures are. It got down to zero F overnight. Turbines at the power plants are actually freezing to the point of failure. The aren't winterized to the level they are up North. The Power companies have been warned for the last 30 years, but didn't want to spend the money.

I'm okay, and so is psycho poodle. In fact, he is loving laying in front of the fireplace. I checked on all my elderly friends, and they are okay. It is the elders I worry about.

I made a big pot of bean and ham soup on Thursday, so I'm eating well. I brought some to one of my elder neighbors a few minutes ago.

CD

Sorry to hear about all this bad weather out there, esp. in southern areas not used to it, and not ready to deal with it. It's been the worst snow year here for 5 years, but it's been spread out - only one fairly deep storm, when some friends came over to dig me out. Only one of those ice storms, but it melted quickly, so we were lucky. And now, it's almost 50° out there, and it rained over an inch out there last night, melting a lot out there...but going back to icy in the next few days. Come on spring!

Good to hear from you, CD. We have friends in Plano. She's been keeping their friends circle up to date with their...adventures. Not a good situation. Cuddle up with Psychopoodle and stay warm and safe. I hope this cold spell breaks soon.

Evidently we are having a winter storm. I went outside to look up and down the street, and then stared at the sky for a few. To quote one of our local newscasters, "No snow here yet! Back to you!" :LOL:

Good day everyone. EVERYTHING is covered in a thick sheet of ice. It's still snowing. :(

2-19-2021.JPG

It only snowed a little over 2" here yesterday - most places in the area got more, some over 8", so I won't complain! Sleet all morning, so far, and continuing all day; car still covered with ice, but walks still clear, due to the salting. Still, I'm not going anywhere! The next couple of days won't melt much, forecast in the mid 30s, but then the forecast is in the 40s for a few days, and the last 2 days are in the 50s! But I'm not getting my hopes up - just a few days ago it got up to 50°, and melted the previous snow, and now we're covered again.:neutral:

The temperature is -6°C (21°F). We're expecting light snow without much accumulation, starting this afternoon.

Conversation with My Parents:

<dog sneezes>

Mom: He's been doing that lately, I don't know why.

Me: It's very dry, it irritates his nose.

Dad: yep, it's very dry.

Mom: My weather thingy says there is 98% humidity, so why is it dry?

Dad: The humidity is laying on the ground in little ice crystals.

Mom: Oh. <pause> OH! It's snowing!!

<dog is teasing me with a toy>

Been snowing all day but not really accumulating just making a mess.

Back
Top Bottom