What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooops easier from my phone.20210116_131337.jpg
Looks better on the phone! LOL. That is about 8" on the clothes line.

Last edited:
No snow, but we have had winds that were breaking off power poles. Last night was the first night in almost a week that my attic door did not bang all night. Ah, I hear our gentle breezes (40-50 mph, sustained, with up to 70 mph gusts) starting back up.

Snow started hear, near Montreal, at about 03h00. I woke up to quite a lot of snow this morning. We're having a lull at the moment, but there should be more soon. It's the wet kind of snow that really sticks to everything.

It's been staying well above normal here - just over 50º yesterday, 48º today, compared to 39-40º avg for this date. Only a couple of low 20s this winter, and none in the teens yet. The ground was frozen briefly, during one of those cold spells, but it's completely thawed now, and still getting greens, from uncovered plants.

What is your weather right now? 2021

Cold for our region and a spit of snow this morning. Nothing more than to cover the brackish ground, which made things look rather pleasant.

40F right now and about to take a nose dive tonight. No more precip in the forecast for now.

Brass monkies are inside and our doggies are snuggled in their houses in masses of straw.

It's 32 right now, high of 33 expected :LOL:

Looking out at the clothes line, STILL with about 8" of snow wrapped around both lines. There is a wind so all the branches are slowly waving around and the clothes line is wiggling up and down, vibrating!

and the snow is hanging on to it all! Guess there will be a lot of breakage.

Power went off for about 15 minutes during the night. Don't know when, just had to reset a couple of clocks.

I have heat wires on the roof to prevent ice dams but with this amount of snow and it being so warm - hope they can handle the load! Have to get my helper up o the roof to clear the snow in the two valley's either side of the dormer window. Actually thought of putting heat wires there last year but... good intentions and all that.

Cold, damp, and dreary. High today 64F, low tonight around 50F. The overcast sky makes even the water look dark and gloomy.

High today of 24 f, which it is but feels like 15, a little on the nippy side, but sunny!

tonight will be only 19 - that's great! but more snow... harumph, hopefully just a little.

Light snow here on the Montreal Island. It started around 18:30. It should stop at around 04:00. It's current -6°C (21°F) and feels like -14°C (7°F). Predicted overnight low: -8°C (18°F) which will feel like -15°C (5°F). Not too cold for January.

I have never seen so much snow accumulate on my roof. Now have icicles and probably ice dams. Damn! now I worry.

With another 5 inches of snow and dripping icicles.

This morning it is -3*F. Here is a photo from last evening after the storm passed through, taken from my back yard. This is the sky that lead to sub zero temperatures this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 119
It's a wee bit blustery out, winds pretty steady in the low 20s MPH range. Gusting into the 40s. Snowing, too, when it can fall straight down. Inside? 68, no breeze except from the furnace ducts, and moistened with the scent of soup.
IMG_20210201_204059064.jpg

Back
Top Bottom