What's your weather right now? 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not raining at the moment here on the West Island of Montreal. 21°C, so very comfortable. But, we are expecting a LOT of rain tomorrow. The ground is saturated, so there is a risk of flooding. Luckily I'm near the top of a not very high hill / slope, but it's enough.

Wet!

It's currently 70 degrees F, and raining! We need rain, since we're in a moderate(?) drought right now. We even got some thunder. Love thunder! Mom always told me that it was angels bowling. :heart: Sun's just over the horizon, though, and bringing a cool front with it. While the rain was nice, I'm looking forward to the next three or four days.

Normally, I don't mind getting .73" of rain, but I didn't want it now, since it is only about a week until I harvest my garlic, and the drier the better for about 3 weeks before that. Yea can't have everything!

I'm still using last year's garlic, as I had a good dry spell before harvest, then.

But it's a dry heat, right, Deb? :cool:

It's perfect here. Mid-70s. Low humidity (40%) and dew point (51). Wish it could stay like this until, maybe, Thanksgiving? :ermm: No, huh? *sigh*

It is 74 here, at the moment. Supposed to reach 75 by 6PM. I understand it is about the same at home today and next week is predicted to be more of the same.

smileys-summer-925620.gif

Supposed to be the last day of this horrible heat - high 90s and 106-107° heat index. (I still don't complain, considering how bad it is in some areas!) Starting tomorrow, at 89°, every day is in the forecast the 80s, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Our temperature came down significantly last night with rain and some thundersotrms. Stayed down and is really pleasant today!

Hang in there guys, relief is coming!

Here on the Island of Montreal, we are having a short reprieve from the overly hot and humid.

Weather 2022-08-09.jpg

And for the folks more used to Fahrenheit:

Weather 2022-08-09 in F.jpg

It’s not raining and the sky blue and sun beating down.

A1C9FD25-4FBB-418A-8ACE-539BB74ACA87.jpeg

Still hasn't rained. I wish it would rain and cool everything down a bit.

8.9.2022.jpg

I just had a very brief sunshower, with a loud crack of thunder, after it had gotten very dark, but there was no rain until it was bright out - like Florida! Only got .01", and probably won't have any more. Crazy weather! And now they are back to predicting the next two days in the 90s again. Like I said, I'll believe the cooling off when it happens!

RAIN!!! [emoji813] From the look of the radar map, this might last a while. I sure hope so - we've been in a "Moses' zone" for a while. That's when it looks like rain, then the clouds split and completely miss our town.

20220822_135232.jpg

Anyone here in Texas, and how are you doing? I hope you aren't near those monsoon areas I'm hearing about! Seems like it's always either one extreme or the other.

I brought us rain yesterday, when I went out to mow my lawn, and it started maybe 2 minutes later! After 2 times around the lawn, I took the tractor back into the shed, figuring it would stop, after .02", like it has been doing lately. I ended up getting .47" - not much, but more than we've been getting lately!

I got .20" more overnight, and everything is still wet out there; the temp. is only 79°, but the humidity is 91%, so I'm not going to finish mowing my lawn any time soon! And I can't really work on the wet plants, so it's an indoor day, so far. And there is a possibility for some more rain, starting at 2:00, but it's ify, as you all know.

I just looked out, and it had rained, but only enough to wet things again, and the sun is finally out. Maybe it will dry it out some. The humidity is down to 75%, and temp 83° already, from the brief sun...we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom