When it rains...it pours!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Are we having fun yet? I'll explain.

It all began about 2 weeks ago when we had a wonderful high-riser toilet installed in our bathroom, then the one from there was put in the front bathroom because that one was nearly 30-years-old and parts for it were nothing short of nonexistent.

Shortly after those situations, we had to have a new pressure tank for our well. The old tank had rust spots that were ready to blow. New one is fiberglass so no danger of rust hole failures.

Then our microwave went belly up on Thursday. Well, it was nearly 20-years-old. New one should arrive tomorrow. Hasn't been too difficult cooking without it, which was a bit of a surprise. Nice thing here is that we didn't have to pay a thing for it. Had enough Amazon points to get it for free, no shipping and no tax. Therein is the silver lining in this cloud.

In the midst of all this we contracted to have a new roof put on the house. It's a single-story house but it is a BIG house, so lots of roof. That translates to lots of $$$$$$.

If that's not enough, while we were watching TV Saturday night, our air-conditioning system went out. Checked everything we could with no positive results.

The AC doctor arrived this morning and pronounced our system dead, dead, deadsky. That'll be another bunch of $$$$.

I searched our property this afternoon and had no success locating a money tree.

Bummer, Katie...

I feel your pain as, we had to replace everything in our Missouri home.. New roof (not just roofing material, a complete new structure), all kitchen appliances, heating/cooling, change from septic tank to sewer system, 2 bathrooms, electric panel (along with new wiring), etc., etc., etc...

One reason we like apartment living, at our ages, is that we just call the landlord now...

Ross

You're on an awful run right now, Katie.

We've had to replace my car after totaling it. last week we had to replace our water heater (16 years old). Our dishwasher is acting up. Not sure what's next.

Ugh, Katie....that sure IS a lot on your financial plate at one time! Good thing though, that the AC didn't go out in the dead of summer. :ohmy:

I replaced the toilys in both bathrooms a few years ago with 'comfort height' and love them....lol :D

Are we having fun yet?...we had to have a new pressure tank for our well....Then our microwave went belly up on Thursday...In the midst of all this we contracted to have a new roof put on the house. It's a single-story house but it is a BIG house, so lots of roof. That translates to lots of $$$$$$...while we were watching TV Saturday night, our air-conditioning system went out...The AC doctor arrived this morning and pronounced our system dead, dead, deadsky. That'll be another bunch of $$$$.

I searched our property this afternoon and had no success locating a money tree.
You want to know what I love most about you, Katie? No matter what, you still have your sense of humor. What a terrible run of luck you've had recently. I hope the next time you're digging in your yard you run across a chest of buried treasure.

The joys of home ownership. It seems things go out at the worst time, and in multiples. We barely had a winter last year, but the one week of brutally cold weather we did have, was when one of my furnaces called it quits. Parts had to be ordered, so I had no heating on the first floor (where my bedroom is) for about four days. It was fixed just in time for the weather to warm up. :rolleyes:

Keep your chin up!

CD

New toilet and shower are in. That comfort height toilet is not made for those under 5 foot. I need to make myself a step. Dad is going to help me close up the ceiling and repair the hack job done by the plumber, should be less than $50. {not counting paint}

Back
Top Bottom