When you think the doctor's wrong.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i don't want to cause a scene at my doctor's, though i'm fairly assured that an ortho doc misdiagnosed my foot..... she proudly & triumphantly announced it wasn't broken, chin high, after i returned for a 2nd appointment, doubting her, "mildly sprained ankle" diagnosiis. now, i've spent months in a cast for a broken heel, & i know that heel is the same way it was then. what can i say to make someone listen?

go to another doctor. maybe report this one to the AMA? i hate doctors!! i hope you heal soon sweetie.

thanks, msmofet. sigh, i don't like docs either. she gave me a dagnabbin aircast. it barely supports my foot. i'm ticked. i'm going to my reeeeegular doc to request a scan, the other one took two visits to order x-rays!

I'm sorry you're having problems. Second opinions are the way to go if you are not satisfied with the answers you are getting. Sometimes third and fourth opinions! Keep in mind too that doctors are not infallible. They make mistakes and miss things just like everyone. The better ones will admit when they miss something or know they cannot help you further. Be persistent and insistent and you will get results. The squeaky wheel you know the rest!

Oh luvs, get yourself to another doc ASAP!!! I hate docs too, but the good ones are worth hunting for. I'm so sorry about your foot. I think we always know when something is wrong, so take care!!

You are entitled to a second opinion. luvs. Doctors are human beings; they are not infallible. Sometimes, their egos get in the way as well. If you need to report a doc, by the way, the AMA is not the way to go (I know, I used to work for a state medical association). The AMA is a private, voluntary, professional membership association. Talk to your state licensing board if you need to file a complaint. Depending on the state, it is probably called the Board of Medical Examiners - in California, it is the Board of Medical Quality Assurance. Good luck, luvs.

please get a second opinion! Last June my husband fell off a second story floor onto the first floor. Doctor felt him...said nothing is broken. Two weeks later still in pain, we went back. Doc took xrays...still said nothing wrong...just sore muscles. Went to a chiropractor that looked at the same xrays...and my husband had broken his back!

Luv, contrary to popular belief (by many) doctors are just people who studied a different subject in school than you did. :rolleyes: Some are great, others, well... you know the rest!

Mo one knows your body better than YOU, especially if you tune into your inner self. If you feel your foot is broken, be sure you find a doctor who will listen to you and check it out thoroughly.

luv, contrary to popular belief (by many) doctors are just people who studied a different subject in school than you did. :rolleyes: Some are great, others, well... You know the rest!

Mo one knows your body better than you, especially if you tune into your inner self. If you feel your foot is broken, be sure you find a doctor who will listen to you and check it out thoroughly.
very good advise!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom