Where Have You Been And Sang … ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I thought this an interesting topic, that kinda got us all chatting about,
Places we’ve been, there was a song associated with the location and
sang it.

Standin on the corner in Winslow Arizona ...
its a girl, my Lord, in a flat bed Ford ... slowin down
to take a look at me ...

Take It Easy...Now I'm going to have to go listen to Eagles songs.

... snipped ...

I also sang the Star Spangled Banner at Fort McHenry.
United_States.gif
THAT was pretty cool.

I have stood on that corner, and sang the song.

We were just passin' through, and it was a Sunday, so not good food while there.

... snipped ...

CD

You mean the way I sing "California here I come, right back where I started from" ? OK, if I'm on a plane I just sing it in my head. It's not safe anymore to act crazy on a plane. :wacko:

In the Summer of 2011, DH and I took a road trip and one
of the places that we went, that was SOOOOOOOO amazing,
was Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs.
We took the Cog Railway to the top, over 14,000 feet above sea level...

159.jpg

146.jpg

148.jpg

154.jpg

And yes, I did stand there, looking out over this gorgeous vista,
and sang America The Beautiful.
albeit was a little hard, being so out of breath,
but I did it, out loud!
I can see why Ms Bates wrote this, WOW!!!

In the Summer of 2011, DH and I took a road trip and one
of the places that we went, that was SOOOOOOOO amazing,
was Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs.
We took the Cog Railway to the top, over 14,000 feet above sea level...

View attachment 31378

View attachment 31379

View attachment 31380

View attachment 31381

And yes, I did stand there, looking out over this gorgeous vista,
and sang America The Beautiful.
albeit was a little hard, being so out of breath,
but I did it, out loud!
I can see why Ms Bates wrote this, WOW!!!

I sang America The Beautiful while traveling through Colorado on the way home from visiting Arizona. Granted I was in the back seat with my severely damaged foot elevated (we had an accident and I spent 7 days in Kingman, Arizona hospital hoping not to loose my foot. That's another long story.) but it was still beautiful from the back window! Sedona was beautiful also but no song to sing.

BTW I never understood "purple mountains majesty" or appreciated the beauty described in that song until I visited Arizona. (I posted America The Beautiful with pictures to go along once.)

Last edited:
Done a few of those due to working with music.
My music friends used to sing one song every time I jumped into river to have swim, which was rather often, it about a girl with my name who drowns her self in a river.

I'm enjoying this thread. I can't think of specific songs I've sung (in my head :LOL:) other than the California song Kay mentioned, and America the Beautiful that MsM referred to. I'll have to think about it....it's hard to beat the Winslow Arizona one, that one is still stuck in my mind. :LOL:

I sang America The Beautiful while traveling through Colorado on the way home from visiting Arizona. Granted I was in the back seat with my severely damaged foot elevated (we had an accident and I spent 7 days in Kingman, Arizona hospital hoping not to loose my foot. That's another long story.) but it was still beautiful from the back window! Sedona was beautiful also but no song to sing.

BTW I never understood "purple mountains majesty" or appreciated the beauty described in that song until I visited Arizona. (I posted America The Beautiful with pictures to go along once.)

Ya know Ms M, DH have this discuss on each road trip.
We love the West for the wide open spaces, in the East
things are packed together, although beautiful.

I'd have to say I just marvel at the sheer breath-taking vistas
all around the World that we've seen, so far ... I could get religious,
but I think that we're not suppose to talk religion nor politics, but someone sure did a great job! :angel:

I sing a lot in my head, more out loud now it's just me in the truck. But, I sing whatever, nothing really specific to place.

I think America the Beautiful should be our national anthem. The Star Spangled Banner is about war.

I particularly like “Confirm thy soul in self control, thy liberty in law.” Particularly resonating in these times.

Here is the real question... Who here plays air guitar? :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I like to sometimes sing along with my favorite songs, and have been known to play air guitar... or air drums. Of course, not in public.

It is kind of like singing in the shower, IMO. Playing a killer guitar or drum solo with nothing but air is a fun way to unwind.

C'mon, admit it. :D

CD

here is the real question... who here plays air guitar? :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I like to sometimes sing along with my favorite songs, and have been known to play air guitar... or air drums. Of course, not in public.

It is kind of like singing in the shower, imo. Playing a killer guitar or drum solo with nothing but air is a fun way to unwind.

C'mon, admit it. :D

Cd

raised hand emoji.png
MEEEEE!

I have even been know to do so in some markets,
in particular Trader Joe's and Sprouts... they have killer music playing :LOL:

oh, and sing and dance... I went to the manager in TJ's one day and suggested that they have a friday dance party night!

Last edited:
Air drums?

You know you can just bang on whatever is in front of you, and you make percussion sounds, right?

Back
Top Bottom