Where in the world have you been?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Which countries have you visited and where would you still like to go?

I haven't traveled much but I lived in Barcelona Spain for 1 year just after graduating high school. I've been to Swaziland and I'm currently living in Botswana.
I would love to go to Egypt, Ireland, Greece and Italy "in that order"

Egypt to see the pyramids, Ireland because I've been told it's beautiful there and to drink a genuine pint of Guinness :LOL:
Greece and Italy purely for the cuisine :)

Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republik, Poland - that's all just around the corner in US measures ;o)

Lithuania, Italy and Spain (hmm travelled France on the way there and back...) a bit further and once the trip to the US...

Love the travel the rest of the baltic states, midsummer in the north, go to Ireland and Namibia - and of course the States again.

I lived in Italy for three years. My first wife was Italian. Travelled around while I was there, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, England. Have a friend in Newcastle, Australia I visited a couple of times.
USA, I drove from Canada to Florida once with the kids. We went to Disney. New York, that is a good story. I really want to travel the US by car, I would like to see all of the states, especially the southern ones because they would be different from up here, and they are so well documented in film, but my wife can't sit for long because of her chronic pain, so it may never happen. Dominican Republic, Hawaii

Marianna Islands, Philippines, Mexico, Alaskan Territory (I was born in Alaska before it was a state.)

I would like to travel to Canada (taking the train from coast to coast), Scotland (spending a month or more), Ireland (for a weekend), France and northern Italy (home to my mother's family.)

England, Scotland, Wales, Canada, Mexico, a lot of the lower 48, Hawaii, most of the Caribbean islands.

I would love to go to Australia and snorkel the Great Barrier Reef. New Zealand, Greece for its history.

I would like to travel to Canada (taking the train from coast to coast)

The train is lovely for a short hop (through the Rockies is spectacular!) but let me tell you...you'll be tired of it after a while. Don't do more than 2 nights on a train. If you do come to Canada, stop off at my place for a visit!

you can eat at alix's whistle stop cafe and get gas.

for your car, of course. :)

i've always wanted to go back to mexico. when i was young and stupid (i'm no longer young), i hiked a good bit in mexico, around the area of chichen itza. it was beautiful, exciting, scary, enlightening, and scary.

recently, when my son heard about my hikes he asked what happened in mexico. i told him it was great, but one day i found a cave that was booby trapped. inside the cave, i found a large crystal that when i picked it up, a giant boulder started rolling towards me. i raced out of the tunnel just in time, dodging arrows, only to be chased back to my seaplane by angry indians. he listened with eyes wide, mouth agape in amazement.

i hope he never sees "raiders of the lost ark", lol.

The train is lovely for a short hop (through the Rockies is spectacular!) but let me tell you...you'll be tired of it after a while. Don't do more than 2 nights on a train. If you do come to Canada, stop off at my place for a visit!

I totally agree on the train - I used to take it between Vancouver and Regina and loved it but don't think I would want to go any longer. And if you come to Canada, you have a place to visit on the west coast too!

Back
Top Bottom