Where is the help that N.O. needs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that not enough is being done - however, I don't see why the locals weren't doing something before the others could get there. It seems like everyone was waiting on everyone else to do something. The whole thing is being handled disgracefully. Of course the people who could get out and didn't, the ones who decided to loot and general trouble makers have done everything they could to slow things down. The shootings are completely stupid and I think the ones shooting should be shot on the spot. They aren't up to any good cause and only complicating an already horrible condition while endangering anyone trying to help. I know I wouldn't be going in there if thugs, rapists and gangs with ak47's were what I would be up against. A completely terrible situation all the way around. May God have mercy on all.

some of the military stationed here were called out today to deal with those trouble makers. They were also given orders to shoot to kill.I don't know if that is needed, but, I just hope that it doesn't get out of hand and someone get a little gun happy on the wrong people.

BTW, any admins that feel this is getting political, just delete it. I don't want to break any rules.

If America doesn't change, we are looking at the future of America.

The fall will terribly great.

Raine said:
If America doesn't change, we are looking at the future of America.

The fall will terribly great.

I'm not a HUGE Star Wars freak, but this reminds me of a line (I think from one of the video games)

"To fall is such a quiet thing. Much more horrible is admitting it"

John :(

Of course, it probably is worth noting that the 90,000 square mile area that was basically destroyed by the storm is about the same size as the United Kingdom...

Not that I mind them commenting on things, but how well would they have dealt with it?

John

Here in Hawaii, we are wondering what would happen if a disaster like the one in the south ever hits us. FOUR DAYS, and some had no help at all! Imagine getting help from the gov. here in the islands.

I've been praying every day for those poor souls that have lost everything. Where is the food and water that our donations paid for? May God Bless us, all.

Supplies are here........4 days to late! Funny how the help came right when the Prez. was there.

Abus carrying evacuees, has overturned in Opelousas, Louisiana on their way to Texas. One man was killed and 10 seriously injured. Like these poor people haven't gone through enough:(

I caught a little of Ted Koppel on Night Line last night. Was sorry I missed some of the show. He seemed to pose all the questions we've asked ourselves. I'm hoping there will be a follow-up this evening...if any one has a chance to tune in (channel 7). Can't help thinking this will affect all of us in the coming months in one way or another. For now, thinking try to make the most of each day & be good to one another. Terrible situation. At a loss for words. Hoping for the best.

texasgirl said:
Abus carrying evacuees, has overturned in Opelousas, Louisiana on their way to Texas. One man was killed and 10 seriously injured. Like these poor people haven't gone through enough:(

Oh my, I hadn't heard that!

I hav so much sympathy, especially for the folks that were in the Superdome. They were they people that for whatever reason, couldn't evacuate and had to ride out the storm - then to go through all of this...

I've lived through an F5 tornado - major storms like this are basically **** on earth....

John

I ask "why didn't the States close by send in busses to take out the ones who didn't have a way to get out??

We have been in numbers 2 and 3 and believe me if I was told a 5 was on it's way..I would have walked out.

Last edited:
This has been a sad sad week. It's devastating. I just can't watch any more. It's too heartbreaking!!

I watched some of the hurricane relief tonight and I was a mess by the time Faith Hill started singing. I had to turn it off. First time my tv's been off in a very very long time, But I think I'm getting depressed.

I can't imagine living through such a thing then to have nothing not even a glass of cold water. Something we take for granted. We are all very lucky. Thankfully Are bodies were made to persevere through hard times, and our spirit's to bounce back, but I think this will change a lot of people forever.

God bless those who are suffering and give us all the means to come out of this as better people, who have learned something this week. About whats turly important, how fortunate we really are and just how easy it can be taken away.

Life's about lessons and I know I've learned more than one.

TC All :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom