Where's Marianne and Jim? Day 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Good evening all, and please accept my apologies for being so tardy with this installment. If you recall, I went to work today:w00t2:. So happy was I to be employed again that I went shopping on the way home, spending $400 on clothes I really don't care for. I am working on convincing myself this is just another uniform. Picked up a few pair of trousers (oh how I detest wearing pants), some tops, a few knit things....very business casual. I have to say, Victorians never would have dreamed as something as boorish as business casual. I had a pleasant enough day, everyone was very nice. I did notice the cook ( I hesitate to call him the chef...) was a bit terse. He even called me 'hon' a couple of times. Not sure I'm going to appreciate that level of familiarity. I guess, for the time, I'll take a wait and see approach to the lounge lizard.

My parents rented a car today to take a drive to the Poconos, where they used to have a weekend home/retirement home. Apparently, some old neighbours were around. They were invited to stay for dinner and are only on their way down the moutain now. I don't imagine I'll even see them today. Recouperative sleep escaped me last evening and already I hear the siren call of my pillows. I'm not long for this day. I miss them, though.

So, while today's issue is short and sweet, it's long on happy thoughts.

Thinking about it, the people at my new job remind me very much of people from Vermont. Funny how just 35 miles from NYC you find yourself in a whole other country.

RonJohn, I strongly suggest you just drink it already. What are you waiting for?? Just bring the bottle here and we'll drink it together.

Is this anything like, "Car 54, where are you?" Oops, some folks won't even get this.:wacko:

Vera, enjoy your quiet time and feel secure that your parents are having some wonderful time in their old "space." They're probably sitting around their friend's dining room table reminiscing, drinking some adult beverage and feeling younger again.

Sweet dreams.

Congratulations on our newly-achieved employment. "Go get 'em, girl!" Pants and all.

Vera, glad you had a good day at your new job. I've enjoyed your missives about the family visit! I see you bought pants and don't like wearing them. So why did you? Were you told to wear pants? If the dress code is business casual, couldn't you find some simple dresses or skirts that would be acceptable and make you feel comfortable as well?

What a sad state of affairs when one has to resort to working to get a day of rest! :LOL:

BTW Vera, I too, used to "detest" wearing pants-turns out that its against the law here in Nebraska !!

They also serve, who sit and wait. Think of it this way, for the time being, your peeler is safe.

I am glad you had a good day at work. It is definitely a different world a few miles from NYC.

What a sad state of affairs when one has to resort to working to get a day of rest! :LOL:

BTW Vera, I too, used to "detest" wearing pants-turns out that its against the law here in Nebraska !!

Ohio also!:LOL::LOL: Just trying to make you smile, Vera. Really...I don't wear my wife's dresses or skirts....she's not my size.:ohmy:

I'm not long for this day. I miss them, though.

So, while today's issue is short and sweet, it's long on happy thoughts.

that's sweet, vb. you're a good daughter; the reflection of those good people that stormed the poconos.

and you're dead on about vermont, but i kinda like that about the state. a weird mix of new yawkuhs and the locals that can stand us.

maine is another story. freaks me out.

Vera, glad you had a good day at your new job. I've enjoyed your missives about the family visit! I see you bought pants and don't like wearing them. So why did you? Were you told to wear pants? If the dress code is business casual, couldn't you find some simple dresses or skirts that would be acceptable and make you feel comfortable as well?

I do have skirts and dresses that I prefer, yes. I just felt the need to mix it up a bit. I'd like to alternate each day.

Back
Top Bottom