Who else enjoys lightning bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think FL has lighting bugs. I remember thinking they were great when we would visit my grandparents in OH.

Katie E said:
Buck and I are sitting on our big front porch, which is our usual venue in the warmer months, and are enjoying a fantastic light show...compliments of our lightning bugs.

How many of you enjoy them? That is, those of you who are fortunate to have then in your geographical area.

I remember spending hours as a child chasing them and putting them in old mayonnaise jars. Daddy would poke holes in the top of the jar with a hammer and nail and I would be off and, literally, running. It's a great memory.

Fortunately, where Buck and I live we have lots of vegetation and the "bug" population is huge. It's the Fourth of July every evening in the summer.

I think I need to go now and find a mayonnaise jar.

Wow, that brings back memories for me too Katie. I haven't seen a lightening bug up this way for a long time. When I was a kid we did the same as you, collect them in jar with holes poked in the top, and then eventually released them. I sure do miss those buggers :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom