Who knows how to install a vanity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
We have a bathroom downstairs in our finished basement. We had a flood a while back and had to trash the vanity that was there. I just purchased this vanity and want to install it myself. I am not the handiest person around, but this is a pretty easy job I am guessing. This is just a total guess though and maybe I am getting in over my head. I figure I won't do any damage by trying though.

My question is, does the vanity get anchored to the floor or wall in any way or is it just help in place by the plumbing and vanity top?

There should be a "nail strip" on the rear of the cabinet. After you position and LEVEL the cabinet you should screw or nail through the strip and into the wall studs.

Depending on the design of the cabinet you may need to make holes for water and drain lines as well.

Another hint would be to do any faucet / sink related plumbing before you attach it to the wall.

Good tips from .40. The top should be separate from the base. Do what .40 said to attach to the wall, centered on the drain pipe.

Then attach all the hardware for the drain, faucets, etc. to the formed top. Then put the top onto the vanity and connect the faucets and the drain pipe to the connections coming out of the wall/floor.

If you're snug against a wall on either or both sides. Make sure the top will fit onto the base where the base is going to be permanently located before you attach it to the wall. You may have to adjust an inch or so to the left or right.

We have a bathroom downstairs in our finished basement. We had a flood a while back and had to trash the vanity that was there. I just purchased this vanity and want to install it myself. I am not the handiest person around, but this is a pretty easy job I am guessing. This is just a total guess though and maybe I am getting in over my head. I figure I won't do any damage by trying though.

My question is, does the vanity get anchored to the floor or wall in any way or is it just help in place by the plumbing and vanity top?

My advice is get a professional builder in to do the job right. Unless you are 100% sure you can do the fitting correctly, it's false economy because if you make any dire mistakes, then a builder will charge you anyway. :rolleyes:

If you need to level, you can buy a package of wood shims very cheaply at the home improvement store. They resemble ceder shingles and are tapered. Very useful for small shim jobs. In my estimation this is a fairly simple job and you should be able to tackle it yourself.

You can also get really good pamphlets at the home improvement store in the section where they sell cabinets - there's all kinds of advice available for do it yourselfers..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom