Who makes their bed???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I'm so glad to read this thread. I never make my bed except when I change the sheets, but I thought it was my dirty little secret and that I was the only one. I do change my sheets a lot because I love fresh sheets and I use nice, tight hospital corners, too.

In the same vein, how many here use a top sheet? I always do for my bed but my kids just use a fitted bottom sheet and a comforter on top. Of course, the comforter has a cover that gets washed regularly. What about ya'll?

:) I do the same thing no top sheet no blanket. We have down comforters ones for summer and ones for winter. I have two duvets on each of them so my comforters stay pure white since you dont wash down comforters. When I change the sheets and wash duvets I put the comforters out on a line I especially like how they smell when they have been outside on a cold day. It's the best sleeping to me this is how the Germans and Aussies do it.

:) Oh, and no I do not exactly make the bed I do shake comforter straight and straighten pillows. I also got rid of all the extra pillows those are just a waste of time to me.

I fit into the "can't get in unless it's made" category. If I leave [for work] before DH, I know it won't get made and it just bugs me all day. I'll make it before we go to bed that night. I think it's the feel of wrinkley sheets on my legs that bothers me ...

We use a top sheet too. In the summer, that's all DH uses. I like the weight of a blanket so I use our quilt too ...

As I said, I don't really make mine, but I kind of do (pull everything up, just don't always tuck everything in). I do like everything to be nice and smooth before getting back into bed though, so before I get in, I smooth out the fitted sheet, then I readjust the top sheet and blanket/comforter, putting them back on, so I do understand those who make the bed before getting in for the night.

:)Barbara

I have to make my bed, out of self defense!

If I don't, the dogs will sneak on it during the day and curl up on the sheets right by my pillow. Then at night I will sneeze, wheeze and scratch! So, I make sure it is totally made and covered with a sheet we remove at night. They are trained (for the most part not to be on the bed when we are in it, but during the day is a totally different story!

We have a waterbed...so we need to pull the covers up every morning or it loses it's heat but other than that...only when we have company

I have to make my bed every day. I'm not comfortable if I don't. I have a beautifully decorated bedroom and because my house is small it can be seen from the living room. I wait til after I've had my coffee, breakfast and e-mail. Then the first thing I do to start my day is make the bed. I sleep alone so it doesn't get messed up too much. :(

I don't, which drives DW up the wall. I "straighten" it out a bit, but feel the way many others here have said, it's just going to get all jumbled up again. DW is notorious for making the bed, and if I am home always drags me into the picture of making it. Perhaps she is hoping it'll rub off on me, making up the bed. Good luck with that. Not likely.

who me????? couldn't be.........it gets made on Thursdays when Ludmilla comes..........she doesn't do dishes or clean the counters (why, I don't know........maybe the the landlady told her not to) so she might as well make the bed.........it's a big king-sized bed and you are in a different country when you roll to the other side...........oh, i have to have a top sheet........drives me nuts in Germany when that all they provide is a comforter to cover with..........

oh, I forgot to add that when it gets cold in the winter..........please......invest in some flannel sheets.......you will think that you are stepping into a warm, embracing cocoon.......yes, they are $$$ but get them at the end of the cold season.......only wash them in warm water.......you will Love them........I promise....... and they make great gifts........thought that my in-laws were going to kiss my feet when I gave them a set for Christmas a few years ago..........

Listen to Expat - flannel sheets are heavenly in the winter. The first cold snap finds me dragging out the flannel sheets for all the beds. I love them.

Here's another question while we're on the topic of beds: what kind of sheets does everybody prefer? I want only 100% cotton sheets or (gulp) pure linen. (I can't afford to buy pure linen sheets, but I made some once when I found a great deal on some linen fabric and they are my favorite sheets, bar none.) I like high thread count cotton because they last longer, but I don't like the sateen ones that seem to dominate the market. The perfect cotton sheet for me is thick and just a little bit scratchy - like the ones from when I was a kid. What about ya'll?

Listen to Expat - flannel sheets are heavenly in the winter. The first cold snap finds me dragging out the flannel sheets for all the beds. I love them.

Here's another question while we're on the topic of beds: what kind of sheets does everybody prefer? I want only 100% cotton sheets or (gulp) pure linen. (I can't afford to buy pure linen sheets, but I made some once when I found a great deal on some linen fabric and they are my favorite sheets, bar none.) I like high thread count cotton because they last longer, but I don't like the sateen ones that seem to dominate the market. The perfect cotton sheet for me is thick and just a little bit scratchy - like the ones from when I was a kid. What about ya'll?

will definitely have to look into a set of pure linen sheets, Fisher's Mom.......thanks!!!!

Hey Fisher's Mom... go start you're own thread!!! :) I'm playing, please don't take me seriuosly! I love the addition of what kind of sheets!!!!

Actually, I recently procured a set of Egyptian Cotton 800 count sheets and they are heavenly!!! I have not put any other sheets on the bed since I got these things! The softest, sturdiest sheets I have ever owned and they only cost me $40!!!!

Flannel makes me claustrophobic (what doesn't?). A few years ago I made myself some nice roomy and snuggly flannel PJ's and I would get panic attacks every time I wore them to bed! I guess it doesn't breathe enough. I have tried the sheets and they aren't as bad, but still not a pleasant experience.

I have to have a top sheet and two comforters in the winter, only the top sheet in the summer.

Hey Fisher's Mom... go start you'r own thread!!! I'm playing, please don't take me seriuosly!

Actually, I recently procured a set of Egyptian Cotton 800 count sheets and they are heavenly!!! I have not put any other sheets on the bed since I got these things! The softest, sturdiest sheets I have ever owned and they only cost me $40!!!!
You got a hugely good deal!!! Isn't it just the best feeling slipping into a bed with fabulous sheets? But you're right, I did kinda hijack this great thread ... I'll behave now.:blush::):LOL:

You got a hugely good deal!!! Isn't it just the best feeling slipping into a bed with fabulous sheets? But you're right, I did kinda hijack this great thread ... I'll behave now.:blush::):LOL:

Oh, I don't mind at all Fisher's Mom. I was being funny but it is hard to pull off sometimes in writing. I hate to offend anybody! :angel:

LPBeier - Sorry, had no clue this was already done. :blush:

I'm glad you understand! And BTW - I got the sheets at Overstock.com. They are having a huge sheet sell off. I may get another set!

Back
Top Bottom