Who smokes cigars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
I just started this "hobby" about a month ago. They are great after a meal but ya got to learn about hand made cigars to appreciate them. Its like wine tasting till ya find the ones you like.Machine made cigars suck.:mad:

About once or twice a year i have a smoke. Basically whenever I go home. Bermuda has an AWESOME selection of stoggies from all over the world. I would have to say that my favorite ones are the rum soaked sugar cane cigars. The are like a dessert.

When I was in England and Scotland, I learned the fine appreciation of why Scotch and Cigars are like peanut butter and jelly. A match made in heaven.

Dh bought some Romeo y Juliettas (think thats how its spelt) for him and a couple of friends when Riley was born in May. He said they were good ones but having never smoked them I'll have to reserve judgement!

I regret to say this is one of my vices. I love a good cigar.
My particular favourites are Hoyo de Monterrey - hand-made Cuban cigars,but since they may not be available to you up there, I'd go for cigars from the Dominican Republic. They're mild, handmade, light and reasonably priced.
Cigars from Central America (Nicaragua, Honduras, Costa Rica) tend to be a little stronger than the Dominican varieties, and can vary in quality.
There are also some great cigar makers in the US - Ned Sherman in New York, for example, makes some excellent smokes.
I'd try Coronas to begin with, just straightforward handmade cigars, no flavoured ones till you get an idea of what your smoking.

I tried smoking my first cigar on my last birthday. I made the mistake of inhaling, and got sick and felt like I was going to throw up. Havn't touched one since.

I live cigars, and used to smoke very regularly, but thank G-d for all the kids, I do not even have time to go to bathroom regularly anymore, there is definitely no time for cigars, once in a while i still try to snick one in, but not often enough. Also I like to smoke in company, but there is for sure no time for that. I love and prefer Cuban cigars, though they are not easy to come nowadays, andthe one that you may get your hands on are most likely (about 99%) are fake.

cliveb said:
I regret to say this is one of my vices. I love a good cigar.
My particular favourites are Hoyo de Monterrey - hand-made Cuban cigars,but since they may not be available to you up there, I'd go for cigars from the Dominican Republic. They're mild, handmade, light and reasonably priced.
Cigars from Central America (Nicaragua, Honduras, Costa Rica) tend to be a little stronger than the Dominican varieties, and can vary in quality.
There are also some great cigar makers in the US - Ned Sherman in New York, for example, makes some excellent smokes.
I'd try Coronas to begin with, just straightforward handmade cigars, no flavoured ones till you get an idea of what your smoking.

I love cigars, and I agree with Clive about the cigars from the Dominican Republic. Really good stuff. One of my recommendations would be Avo Uvezian cigars. I like the XO Notturno series:

http://www.avo.com/homepage.htm

A couple of my other favorite brands are Punch and Padron Cigars:

http://www.cigarworld.com/brands/punch/punch/punch_index.cfm

http://www.padron.com/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom