Whoo HOOO! I'm going to Las Vegas!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I left already and now I'm back :cool: .

I had a great time and got souvenirs for all of you.

That was YOU??!?

Why would anybody wear something like that? C'mon, a feather boa in the summertime? What were you thinking? And what did you do with that monkey?

I'll be taking my first trip to Vegas this December. I know that's surprising seeing how nice it is Chicago in December but I'll manage to suffer through the warm Vegas weather:cool:

Ummmm I don't think it will be hot in December......trust me, take some cold weather clothing.

IcyMist said:
Ummmm I don't think it will be hot in December......trust me, take some cold weather clothing.

Don't bring CHICAGO 'winter clothing' - - no parka, no snow boots... LOL (a wool cap and some nice gloves might be handy though - - along with jacket and maybe scarf.

ironchef said:
Did you see me Z? I was the guy playing at the $10-20 Hold 'Em table at the Mandalay Bay for almost 8 hours straight.

How'd you make out, ironchef?
My H is all about the hold 'em tables too.

With all of your food expertise, did you find any dishes there that you plan on recreating at home or at the restaurant?

And, what DID you do with the monkey......
je08.jpg

LOBSTER! My fav food group (are there any others?:LOL:) Dip a claw or two in the butter for me, will ya? Have a great and safe trip......Aloha,Wasabi

The monkey? Well...umm...I swear I don't know how it ended up waking up with me in my room. :huh:

It was pretty fun though. The Wynn Hotel is very nice, although the Bellagio is probably still my personal favorite (although I've never actually stayed there). JKath, I didn't get to drink at that bar you were talking about because I was recovering from my all-day Hold 'Em excursion.

Restaurant-wise Vegas has definitely made some leaps and bounds...I remember when Emerill's at the MGM was THE place to eat at. So many famous Chef's restaurants have been popping up, but Vegas is the place to do it in right now. That's where the money's at.

Menu-wise it was nothing cutting edge, or rather, nothing different from what you'd find in say, LA, Seattle, or San Francisco. But that's not to say that the menus are bad or anything because there were some really good stuff there.

Back
Top Bottom