Who's a Redneck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buck

DC's Angel
Okay, let's admit it. There are all kinds of stereotypes out there about rednecks and rural folks and farmers and bumpkins etc. etc. etc.

All stereotypes have a basis in fact, but it's often difficult to ferret out just where they come from.

Some are blatantly obvious.

Some aren't.

Last night here in our little western Kentucky town the activity d'jour was "Ladies Night at the Hardware Store."

Katie had a great time.

Go figure!

:) Im really not a redneck but I do redneck stuff.Last winter in Texas I drove by a fox that had been hit by a car I stopped and picked it up it had no damage so it got frozen hauled back to New Mexico where HB thawed it skinned it and now it will get tanned.A really beautiful fur ,I dont hunt but HB was proud I brought home my first road kill he even wouldn't do that.I only did it as it was a beautiful thing and hated to see it go to waste and it was still really fresh.I could never kill an animal on purpose.HB is a guide and a major hunter and people are really surprised we are together since I love animals so much.But I eat meat and yet I would not want to hunt it and I definately do not want to know the details of a hunt.
And actually I also enjoy going to the hardware store.

Last edited:
Last time Halley's Comet passed, my family was in the back yard looking up at it. None of us could see it well, and someone mentioned that a pair of binoculars would be nice. My father got this "Hey! I've got an idea!" look on his face, disappeared into the house and reappeared with his hunting rifle. We took turns looking at the comet through the rifle's scope. After standing back and watching this for a bit, I couldn't help but comment, in true Foxworthy fashion, "If you're standing in your back yard looking at a comet through the scope of a hunting rifle... You might be a redneck!"

For some reason, dad didn't laugh... but everyone else did! :LOL:

jpmcgrew said:
:) Im really not a redneck but I do redneck stuff.Last winter in Texas I drove by a fox that had been hit by a car I stopped and picked it up it had no damage so it got frozen hauled back to New Mexico where HB thawed it skinned it and now it will get tanned.A really beautiful fur ,I dont hunt but HB was proud I brought home my first road kill he even wouldn't do that.I only did it as it was a beautiful thing and hated to see it go to waste and it was still really fresh.I could never kill an animal on purpose.HB is a guide and a major hunter and people are really surprised we are together since I love animals so much.But I eat meat and yet I would not want to hunt it and I definately do not want to know the details of a hunt.
And actually I also enjoy going to the hardware store.

REDNECK! .

evenstranger said:
Last time Halley's Comet passed, my family was in the back yard looking up at it. None of us could see it well, and someone mentioned that a pair of binoculars would be nice. My father got this "Hey! I've got an idea!" look on his face, disappeared into the house and reappeared with his hunting rifle. We took turns looking at the comet through the rifle's scope. After standing back and watching this for a bit, I couldn't help but comment, in true Foxworthy fashion, "If you're standing in your back yard looking at a comet through the scope of a hunting rifle... You might be a redneck!"

Too good. I'm laughing out loud. Isn't it great that the "real" things are the funniest?

You might be a redneck if you think the Jeff Foxworthy TV Show was based on a true life experience. :huh:

Last edited:
You might be a redneck if you think your flannel shirt is reversible.

You might be a redneck if you think the first day of the week is Payday.

uuummmm, i'm on a first name basis with ALL the employees at my local hardware store. But to be fair, DH is in the homebuilding business and quite the do it yourselfer, so I am in there weekly to expediate some project.

gosh, I have seen many, "you know you are a redneck if...." and they can be quite funny, just can't think where they are now, but it is quite early and I am only on the first cuppa......

:) You might be a (girl) redneck if instead of waiting for DH to do it, you replace your storm doors hydraulic door stopper with a big Black and Decker cordless screw driver.By the way I did a perfect job too.

evenstranger said:

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL:

I think I have a somewhat mistaken view of what a redneck is. I thought they were like the ne'er-do-wells in Deliverance. At the risk of asking a stupid question, what makes someone a redneck?

:) I think a redneck is someone that lives in the country some who works on a farm or ranch working outside.Redneck is the sunburn they get on the back of their necks.They listen to country/western music.I would call the guys in Deliverance, Hillbillies.Im sure some else here can explain it better than I can.
This might help Redneck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I live in a wealthy community in Connecticut, but I still walk across the street to my mailbox barefoot in the summer carrying my 3-year old on my hip.

You can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl, I guess. LOL!

I am not a redneck - however - I live in Kentucky, on top of a looonng hill, I have a hound dog and my neighbors down the street like to put their couch in the driveway when they have get-togethers. A lot of people that live near me love to sit on the front porch and talk to whoever walks by.

I hope this doesn't offend any DCers but when I think redneck, I think of
Wal-Mart
trailer parks
NASCAR
fat people in little trucks
buffets at the Golden Corrall
furniture in the front yard or driveway
bad teeth
and
"freedom isn't free" bumper stickers

OK -

Latest posts