Why it is Important to Learn Other Languages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as someone who has lived in several countries and have German friends they would really laugh at this.........I'm a tellin' ya....so don't worry.....nothing impresses me more than for have non-US'ers to pick up my words...I certainly do theirs..had a Scottish friend whose husband just roared with laughter at me describing her "fit to be tied"......... they had.never heard that expression before but it "fit" her to a "T"

as someone who has lived in several countries and have German friends they would really laugh at this.........I'm a tellin' ya....so don't worry.....nothing impresses me more than for have non-US'ers to pick up my words...I certainly do theirs..had a Scottish friend whose husband just roared with laughter at me describing her "fit to be tied"......... they had.never heard that expression before but it "fit" her to a "T"

I think we had the same 'English' teacher ;)

Yep I remember the day she started the diagram stuff...We were out at recess, and she called us in cause it was comin up a cloud...When she started it on the board there was a big clap of thunder, and the bottom fell out....I just knew it was gonna be a bad day!!;)

Yep I remember the day she started the diagram stuff...We were out at recess, and she called us in cause it was comin up a cloud...When she started it on the board there was a big clap of thunder, and the bottom fell out....I just knew it was gonna be a bad day!!;)

oh, my, Uncle Bob, we both went thru the same torture....I wished that we had had the thunder so that we could have screamed with a good reason:ROFLMAO:......Mrs Matocha got so carried away that we'd MISS recess.........her motto was "more is good" and we didn't have air conditioning either.........none of you young'uns know the muscle spasms of diagramming sentences...........oh, well....I'll never forget her........that's for sure......"an idle mind is the devil's workshop" was her fav quote and we were definitely NOT kept idle for one second.......

Funny stuff! It reminds me of a true story in which the shoe is on the other foot -- but the moral is nonetheless the same:

World War I involved a great deal of fighting from trenches that were separated by only a hundred feet or less. It is reported that when a band of German soldiers held up a sign reading "GOTT MIT UNS!," which means "GOD WITH US," the Doughboys responded with their own sign: "WE GOT MITTENS TOO!"

Funny stuff! It reminds me of a true story in which the shoe is on the other foot -- but the moral is nonetheless the same:

World War I involved a great deal of fighting from trenches that were separated by only a hundred feet or less. It is reported that when a band of German soldiers held up a sign reading "GOTT MIT UNS!," which means "GOD WITH US," the Doughboys responded with their own sign: "WE GOT MITTENS TOO!"

That's funny, Scotch! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom