Why not Minot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish that I could be going to there but it is the long distance.

Your friend,
~Cat

It seems to me we are approaching this in a backward fashion. Perhaps first we should determine who would like to meet and pick a central location that way?

Minot is pretty teeny it seems. Only 40000 residents.

Cool idea CWS!

Sorry Hoot, I guess it depends on your perspective. We're over 800,000 here not including our satellite towns.

I made my once-in-a-blue-moon trek through Minot (AND Missoula) back in July, so I probably wouldn't do it again so soon. Besides, I think we're heading east to upstate New York next year.

But if you do happen to have a meetup, I would expect to see some photos, so a few of us regulars can put a face with the names of people we chat with on a regular basis. :)

Last edited:
But TL, I thought we'd do a road trip and stop in MN on the way. The reason Minot is for the Norsk Hostfest.

Or we could hop Amtrak in Syracuse to Grand Forks and rent a car...
Well, if I'm up for that long a road trip, we could make it a convoy. Pick up Rocklobster near Ottawa, Chief Longwind of the North in the Upper Peninsula, collect Steve Kroll and Charlie D as we travel through Minnesota. There's probably other people along the way that I have forgotten.

I made my once-in-a-blue-moon trek through Minot (AND Missoula) back in July, so I probably wouldn't do it again so soon. Besides, I think we're heading east to upstate New York next year.

But if you do happen to have a meetup, I would expect to see some photos, so a few of us regulars can put a face with the names of people we chat with on a regular basis. :)

It just was not in the stars...If not for the boring nurse's meeting. I'm the one with the glasses...the most recent pic I have.

Attachments

• 8-6-132.jpg
    8-6-132.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 144

If you're going to be THAT close, you might as well come up to Ottawa and Montreal!

All this talk about a road trip and no mention of what snacks to pack! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

That's why I made sure there was a kitchen at Dawg's Mom's house...I think we would be bringing only those things to cook that we could not get in Minot or close by. I would be bringing chipotles in adobo, chipotle powder and mangos...

It just was not in the stars...If not for the boring nurse's meeting. I'm the one with the glasses...the most recent pic I have.
And on the way back home we made very few stops. By that time, we were so ready for vacation to be over and to get back home.

There will be another time, I'm sure. Our daughter competes in a national forensics tournament every spring, and in 2015 it will be held in Portland, OR. So there may be another road trip in the cards.

My profile pic is actually pretty recent, although Mrs. K says I look more gray in person.

Your little friend is a cutie!

Last edited:
And on the way back home we made very few stops. By that time, we were so ready for vacation to be over and to get back home.

There will be another time, I'm sure. Our daughter competes in a national forensics tournament every spring, and in 2015 it will be held in Portland, OR. So there may be another road trip in the cards.

My profile pic is actually pretty recent, although Mrs. K says I look more gray in person.

Your little friend is a cutie!

We are all more gray in person. The cutie is Patron, king of the office and my most favorite pooch. I never liked little dogs until I met him.

Shrek has pics on his camera from our lake visit, but I haven't seen them yet. He's retired, has no sense of urgency:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom