WooHoo and Yikes!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I have just been chosen to test four new recipes for the Feb/March issue of Cooking Pleasures Magazine (through Cooking Club of America, of which I am a life member). I am so excited! That is the WooHoo part. The Yikes!! part is that we have no money, but we will have to do something soon to buy the ingredients (and pay the electricity or it will be turned off on the 16th), but I am confident we will get it done. I have to turn in my reviews by the 22nd. I am not allowed to tell anyone what the recipes are, but after the issue comes out, I will be able to. I will say that they sound great! One is an appetizer, one is a dessert, one is a quick meal, and one is a breakfast dish.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Congrats Barbara! That is awesome. How did you manage to get the opportunity? I assume through being a lifetime member of the Cooking Club? Either way, I can't wait to see what the recipes are! Lucky Duck. I am sure you will find a way. If not.. I would definitely choose electricity... I know how you feel at the moment, we are on a single income (mine) right now. Not for long I'm sure, but single income is single income.

Yeah, we're on no income, but it seems that just when things get to the breaking point, some money comes from somewhere. We are still looking for jobs, of course.

I was looking at the CCoA website and saw the invitation to apply. They have five people test four recipes for each issue, every couple months. It was quick--I applied a couple days ago, I got an email with a couple questions about allergies, etc. yesterday, and I got the email saying I was chosen today.

I actually probably would not be at DC if not for CCoA. I was invited here by a member there (BubbaGourmet).

:)Barbara

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom