Woohoo, The Harp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
I'm finally going to learn to play the Harp once and for all,

The harp was the first musical instrument I'm ok on the guitar and I have ok timing but I wanted to play the harp for so long,

I've picked out and learned 3 songs on it, The song's are Muddy Waters Mannish Boy, Hot Cross Buns & Marry had a little lamb, However I wanted to learn the campfire song's and play blues harp,

I will finally get my chance in the winter time to do just that when I will only have 1 class instead of 2-3 classes to deal with!

Then, one would call it a mouth harp or harmonica. The harp is a completely different instrument, and there are a couple of kinds of those, too.

Then, one would call it a mouth harp or harmonica. The harp is a completely different instrument, and there are a couple of kinds of those, too.
Thanks Wyogal,

However about %90 percent of the blues guys including me call it the Harp or the Blues Harp! even Paul Butterfield calls it the Blues harp, harp fyi.

When you are in that context, yes. but when in a completely unrelated context, it would be best if you called it what it is. Otherwise folks are thinking you might mean the stringed instrument. FYI and yes, BLUES harp helps to identify it.

When you are in that context, yes. but when in a completely unrelated context, it would be best if you called it what it is. Otherwise folks are thinking you might mean the stringed instrument. FYI and yes, BLUES harp helps to identify it.
No problem Wyogol, Sounds like you know a lot about music in general?

I'm a classically trained violinist, play many different styles. I also play the viola , piano, and guitar. I love music history, and world music. I have a Bachelor of Music, as well as a Master's degree in music.
Everyone is home from their trip, doing well.

I'm a classically trained violinist, play many different styles. I also play the viola , piano, and guitar. I love music history, and world music. I have a Bachelor of Music, as well as a Master's degree in music.
Everyone is home from their trip, doing well.
WOAH, I can only play the some of the blues music,

And that's the extent of my music knowledge, Anyways I'm very glad your family is doing better.

No problem,

LOL, On the guitar I can play 4 blues scales, all the chords, most of the AC/DC song's "not very well though" And I can bend the strings well, My lagato is very good!

That's about all I can do on my Gibson SG!

Here's "some of my guitars"

521311510_8VEMD-L.jpg

That's my baby the SG, She plays very well and sings like you wouldn't believe.

Very nice.
I took some classical guitar lessons a few years back. I don't play anymore but still have my old classical guitars.... 2 Yamahas and a Takamine. Right now, if I were to pick up the guitar I would totally suck.....besides, I can't read music and have chewed all my fingernails.

Very nice.
I took some classical guitar lessons a few years back. I don't play anymore but still have my old classical guitars.... 2 Yamahas and a Takamine. Right now, if I were to pick up the guitar I would totally suck.....besides, I can't read music and chewed all my fingernails.
It's like riding the bike, YOu just got to keep trying until you don't suck!

Wow a Takamine? What year? and how old is it?

The newer Takamines suck for playing but my d50 clone rocks.

Young man, I wish I had your enthusiasm for learning so many new things! Life must be a joy for you.

You should enjoy this incredible "harp" performance:

YouTube - A Harmonica In Carnegie Hall
Thanks mate, You know more I take college the more I am getting a lot of confidence I've never had in my my life, And I will take a listen to the harp player on my laptop since my main pc doesn't have a sound card!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom