Worried Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
Would y'all send up a prayer for Savannah please? Hubby is on the way to the emergency room with Savannah. He called the after hours care line for her doctor & the nurse said to take her to the children's ward ER. Savannah is running a temp of 100.3, not very high really, has been complaining of severe non-stop stomach cramps since about 2:00 this afternoon, has thrown up once, & has not been to potty since this morning when she got up at 7:00. The nurse said if it was the stomach virus that's going around, she'd be throwing up every hour for 24 hours & the pain would go away after each episode. She's just been laying on the couch curled up in a ball & moaning since we got home from church. I'm praying she hasen't gotten food poisoining from somethng she ate for lunch at church today. I'm home with TC & he's as worried as I am. I didn't want to take him to the hospital & chance exposing him to anything.

We're with you. Good idea to get her to medical treatment before it turns into something more serious. She'll probably be okay with a little medical intervention.

As for throwing up and visits to the potty, has she consumed enough to warrant visits to the bathroom? Perhaps there's not enough right now to get rid of. Be that as it may, good thoughts and prayers are sent your way.

I've been a mamma many times and it is never easy when one of our chicks is feeling bad. I'd much rather trade places with them than have them suffer.

Thanks Katie & Constance! We fought too hard too get her here to take chances. She was born 10 weeks early & has been a fighter since day one.

She was drinking a good bit before she got sick. As soon as she got sick though, she quit drinking. Her mouth is still wet, the nurse had me check that, but it was starting to get dry.

Prayers on the way Crewsk - I hope she is okay. Get well soon Savannah!

Last edited:
Just between us girls, please put a little ad lib for me. I've gotta call the doctor tomorrow...things just aren't right, and I'm a little concerned.

Poor baby. Sending a little prayer up for your Savannah. Hope with care and medication, she will feel better soon. Please let us know how she is doing.

Thanks wasabi!!

I have to praise my hubby greatly too right now. He came home from working a 12 hour shift, has not eaten anything since last night at supper, & without blinking an eye or stopping took her to the hospital. She is 100% daddy's little girl.

Hi crewsk, I'm feeling you right now.

My almost 2-year old has had non-stop fever between 101-102 since last night around 11. She threw up 3 times yesterday, but has felt fine. She started in the middle of the night screaming in pain at least 3 times during the night, so she and daddy stayed home from church today. She still has a fever, but she's on a strict med's regiment till it comes down (or till tomorrow, when I'll call the dr). This just happened to my 6 mo old the end of Jan. I'm keeping Savannah in my prayers.

Hugs to you crewsk and to your whole family.

Let us know how she's doing.

Thanks Sush & middie!

I'll let y'all know something as soon as I find out something. It's been an hour & a half since they left so taking away the 30 minutes it takes to get to the hospital, they've been there an hour.

My prayers are with Savannah. It may be rotavirus. This is the season for that uncomfortable intestinal bug and littles one get it the most since they touch everything. Hope she feels better soon.

Thanks Dina & Pook!

Pook, I'm sitting here trying to keep myself as occupied as possible. If it weren't for having DC, I'd have already worn a hole in the carpet!

Back
Top Bottom