Worst TV Commercials?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree with Sizz...orbit gum commercials aren't at all entertaining
Agree with Banana ...the ggw commercials are sick
but,
Mish: Aflack and Vonage (whoo hoo)?! I love those!

Let's see ---Orbit gum, Tide to Go, any commercial where the guy shouts at you, all commercial so loud that I have to mute it, bugs crawlling across the screen. Those come to mind now. I use the commercials to conduct other necessary business and try not to pay attention to them.

Well, with any luck, maybe Taylor Hicks & his incredible greed will glean us him singing & dancing to the disgusting Pepto Bismol commercial while chewing Orbit gum.

I wouldn't put anything past this guy as far as raking in money goes - oh, unless it has to do with talent. . . .

Pepto Bismal with people fanning their butts...aaarrrgghhh

Charmin with the bears in the woods:mad:

BreezyCooking said:
Well, with any luck, maybe Taylor Hicks & his incredible greed will glean us him singing & dancing to the disgusting Pepto Bismol commercial while chewing Orbit gum.

I wouldn't put anything past this guy as far as raking in money goes - oh, unless it has to do with talent. . . .
Until reading your post I'd escaped exposure to Taylor Hicks.

The Charmon Bears are slightly less offensive by virtue of animation.

All of the pharmaceutical commercials that tell us to tell our doctors we are suffering from an, as yet under publicised affliction, for which they are generously providing us with this "public service announcement."

Last edited:
The toilet bowl cleaner/floor mop/oxyclean/tile cleaner/magic broom etc. etc. guys who think we're so deaf and senile they have to shout at us and use very short, simple sentences to make themselves understood. Herpes treatment ads. Male enhancement ads (although I think those are so over the top that they're funny at times, and I like all of the not-so-subliminal messages when I'm in a silly mood). Any commercial that insults our intelligence. (Could that be almost all of them???):mad:

Bow-Flex....

Ditech...

Diet commercials...especially where the gal says she lost to a size 6 from size 10...what the heck is wrong with being a size 10?
Male enhancement...

BakersDozen - the latest Nutrisystem diet commercials are even worse than that. They have an overly "perky" young woman bragging that she went from a Size 10 to a Size 2. She goes on to say that now that she's a Size 2 she's no longer embarrassed to wear a swimsuit, & "now" feels "sexy".

Exactly what sort of message is that sending to women today - particularly young women battling eating disorders due to having this sort of garbage thrown at them on a daily basis????

SHAME ON NUTRISYSTEM!!! Whoever developed their marketing campaign needs to develop a conscience.

Any jewelry store commercial that makes me feel like a schmuck for not spending thousands of dollars on jewelry for my wife's birthday, our anniversary, Christmas, presidents day, groundhog day, etc.

she went from a Size 10 to a Size 2
Maybe she's 4'9". :LOL:

Oh yeah VAGriller, I hate the pressure that are put on kids/husbands/bfs to buy all these diamonds, during the holidays 'to show your love'. :mad:

One thing rings true in all of these - the companies and advertisers really don't care what size we are, what our family situations are or anything else. They are greedy and want to sell any of us whatever they can whether it is affordable or not. We DO have the power to say NO and I suggest we use it whenever we don't need something for sure. My life won't be that much better if I get to a size 2, buy a new SUV, chew the "right" gum, or use the right skin care or hair products. I certainly wish it was as easy to let younger people realize that so they don't get so hung up on having to have the "right stuff" according to ad men/women.

Last edited:
I dislike any commercial were they think they have to "yell" to sell their product. Like Qxi Clean. It is very aggravating. :glare:

Kirstie Allie and the pool guy - for Jenny Craig.:LOL: Just bad 'taste'.

Put down the fetuccinne and Brownie, already &

E12-363392.jpg

(Where's urmaniac? I think this restaurant is in Rome. :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited:
Actually - I find all of the diet product commercials annoying & borderline criminal.

Eat smaller portions of better-quality food & exercise more. Voila - sensible & safe weight loss & better health. No processed diet food deliveries, no pills, no $$ spent poorly.

Back
Top Bottom