Wrong product picture on Amazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
I'd like to buy something on Amazon but their pictures are obviously wrong from the title and the price. In that case, what will I be getting? Do you have
any experience? Will I still get the product according to the title or the picture(wrong one) ?

If there's a big price discrepancy, I'd be worried about ordering anything from them. I'd also.be checking the seller's reputation.

Just remember the old sayings of buyer beware and if something is too good to be true it usually is.

Like Ross, I've never come across that particular problem, but I have gotten things that match the description, but not the picture.

I'd like to buy something on Amazon but their pictures are obviously wrong from the title and the price. In that case, what will I be getting? Do you have
any experience? Will I still get the product according to the title or the picture(wrong one) ?

I buy a lot on Amazon and have a Prime membership.
I have yet to have any issues. Now when I use a manufacturer directly I usually have an issue of some sort.
Amazon must be watched carefully as the price can change in seconds. If you leave a product page and return to buy it, it usually has gone up in price.
I think the controls on the site do this automatically when the controls know you are interested.
So make note of the price and when you return, see if its the same price. You may be surprised to find it went up in a matter of minutes.
Amazon is also more money on most everything.
Amazon is more convenient and has been the go to at Christmas for me. I rarely leave the house to shop. Except for food of course.
And free shipping is a way to save big!

I buy a lot on Amazon and have a Prime membership.
I have yet to have any issues. Now when I use a manufacturer directly I usually have an issue of some sort.
Amazon must be watched carefully as the price can change in seconds. If you leave a product page and return to buy it, it usually has gone up in price.
I think the controls on the site do this automatically when the controls know you are interested.
So make note of the price and when you return, see if its the same price. You may be surprised to find it went up in a matter of minutes.
Amazon is also more money on most everything.
Amazon is more convenient and has been the go to at Christmas for me. I rarely leave the house to shop. Except for food of course.
And free shipping is a way to save big!
Hmm, I have read that airlines start increasing the price as you keep coming back. I also read that it is because of the cookies they set on your computer. It can be countered by opening an "Incognito window" (Chrome) or a "Private browsing window" (Firefox) or maybe something with a different name on a different browser. The other option is to delete cookies from the site where you are looking for the tickets, or in this case, the product.

I kept a pair of hiking boots in my shopping cart for a few days and suddenly the price dropped by $25 one morning so I immediately checked out. After checking out that same boot displayed the original higher price.

I kept a pair of hiking boots in my shopping cart for a few days and suddenly the price dropped by $25 one morning so I immediately checked out. After checking out that same boot displayed the original higher price.
Oh, that works with Amazon? It's a known trick for getting better deals online. Put something in your basket and leave it a couple of days. They will often send you a coupon or promo code. I suspect that if it gets too well known, it will happen less often.

It doesn't work with the grocery stores I regularly shop at. :( :LOL:

The shopping cart thing does work on Amazon. Also clicking on the low to high price sort option.

I'll agree that buying things sold via Amaxon instead of a third part seller is much better when dealing with returns/issues. Found that out the hard way.

Not too sure about that cart thing.

I've had only two prices drop but more often the price has gone up. Plus I've also had them become out of stock and not known when it will be back.

But I can't say I'm a huge shopper on Amazon

Hmm, I have read that airlines start increasing the price as you keep coming back. I also read that it is because of the cookies they set on your computer. It can be countered by opening an "Incognito window" (Chrome) or a "Private browsing window" (Firefox) or maybe something with a different name on a different browser. The other option is to delete cookies from the site where you are looking for the tickets, or in this case, the product.
Thanks I use Firefox and will try this.

My stuff has not gone down in price in the cart. It has been the only constant I can find. It seems if its not in the cart, the price can easily go up. But once in the cart its always available at the original price.
I use the cart to keep things I have found but I am not ready to buy just yet.

I've never bought anything on Amazon, but I've bought thousands of pounds worth of stuff on eBay. That includes mobile phones, books, vinyl records, cameras, camera and phone accessories... the list goes on.From my experience on ebay, if the photo and price are different from the item description, keep away from that item and that seller. Evade them like plague.

I don't know how Amazon works, but if ebay experience is any help, then keep away from that item.

I did pricing and purchasing for a living for 5 years spending millions. Amazon has some listings that are mistakes, and I do take advantage of lower than real prices. Half the time, they admit they made a mistake and the other half they ignore it or treat me right.

I found a $20 item I wanted, ordered it, I liked it. Then the price dropped to $5, they said that was a mistake and cancelled my order.

I found a food saver, 2 for $100, the listing said, 2 package included. I received one, they refunded $50. They have gone with the written listing.

I haven't run across the wrong picture. I ran across 25 lbs of grain for $18 right about the time the pandemic was beginning, the prices fluctuated a lot. The price went to $24/pail of grain, then they limited it to 4 pails (no warning in the listing). Throughout late last year the price is almost $60 for that same pail of grain. Now it is $39.

I'm not complaining, mistakes will be made, try to make sure they are in your favor and you can show the listing documentation as a 'reason' for your complaint. They do honor the listing description.

I found one that doesn't match the description of the item, it has 24 pans. The Amazon description says 24 pans but the picture has 28. Then it arrives. The packaging says 24 pans, the picture shows 28. The actual item has 28 pans. But that is not the wrong product picture on amazon, it's the wrong description. Unless you wanted 24 pans exactly, which I did, then the product picture is wrong on amazon, and the wrong product arrived.

Back
Top Bottom