WSJ: Diners Are Finding $13 Burgers Hard to Swallow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even less than half I'm sure. Lets take the average monthly salary of a receptionist to compare. About R5000 pm. That is about $420
Whoo, you're right, it's a bigger difference. It will vary widely depending on location (costs of living) and other factors, but here's what I found: "How much does a Receptionist make? The median annual Receptionist salary is $33,683, as of May 30, 2017, with a range usually between $30,244-$37,760, however this can vary widely depending on a variety of factors."

$30k divided by 12 is $2,500 per month.

http://www1.salary.com/Receptionist-Salary.html

Last edited:
Odd Man Out

Five Guys Burger.jpg

DH and I must be the only dopes here, `cuz we love Five Guys Burgers & Fries.
Now, if I could get a beer rather than a shake or a soft drink, I'd be even happier.
:LOL:
Five Guys originated in the East (well some folks call Virginia the South), franchised their business, and maybe that's why DH likes it so much. :rolleyes:
Five Guys is a bit spendy, but we feel that it's very tasty and worth the cost, we don't eat there often, but, sorry guys, we like it. (oh and we didn't really care for In-N-Out, sorry again)

Now if I want to eat-on-the-cheap, I still like McD's Double Cheese Burger (plain, no condiments please) and a small Fries, both no longer a dollar any more. :(
Although their Fries were better back when they used Beef Fat to fry them in :yum:
McD's shakes kinda suck though, too chemical-y tasting for me
(there's no ice cream in it :mellow: ),
I'd rather have a Sonic Shake.

Whoo, you're right, it's a bigger difference. It will vary widely depending on location (costs of living) and other factors, but here's what I found: "How much does a Receptionist make? The median annual Receptionist salary is $33,683, as of May 30, 2017, with a range usually between $30,244-$37,760, however this can vary widely depending on a variety of factors."

$30k divided by 12 is $2,500 per month.

Receptionist Salaries by education, experience, location and more - Salary.com

Yes it does depend on area etc but even so we're not a first world country so wages are far lower if you compare cost of living.

Back
Top Bottom