Yard sale help????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callie

Head Chef
I could sure use some advice...our tiny town is having a town-wide yard sale tomorrow. I signed up but I'm such a procrastinator that I'm just now pulling stuff together...:ohmy: I have lots of clothes and some other non-clothing items. I don't want to price each thing. I'm a real novice at this - I just want to get rid excess STUFF (know what I mean?? :LOL: )

If you have a few boxes, just label each box with a price and put whatever in each one that is for that price.
What we normally do, is , put the colored circle stickers on each piece and write on a poster board what each color represents for the prices.

Thanks, Texas! Too late for me to get colored stickers, but I probably can use the box method...ugh, now I'm sorry I signed up.

Don't be sorry, you may get a happy surprise and get rid of all your old stuff. Donate what doesn't sell to a charity. That way you won't be bringing everything back in the house again. :)

I'd say go get the colored circles anyway. Many people are apt to say "oh, this? I got it from that quarter box" when they got it in the $5 box! Good luck and happy sales!!!

I know, I was already imagining people changing the stickers...cynical, huh? Maybe I'll just say "everything is 50 cents" and hopefully it will all go away
24.gif

I've been to some yard sales where nothing is labled and you just offer the seller a price and then start the bargaining from that.

Well I had an item in a garage sale a couple of times that did not go at all. Great price as well.

Could not sell the thing at all.

Put it out to the rubbish and this is picked up in a couple minutes. REALLY SUCKED!!!!

Good morning all! And thanks for your suggestions!! I've been up since 5:00 pulling everything together. I'll be headed out for a day in the sun (with possible afternoon rain). Maybe all my stuff will be gone by noon :mrgreen:

Now if I can just convince hubby to not bring home more stuff than I'm trying to get rid of...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom